Executive Director Publications and Scientific Com
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19803
Incyte is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel medicines to meet serious unmet medical needs in oncology and inflammation and autoimmunity. Incyte is committed to the rigorous pursuit of research and development excellence to improve the lives of patients, make a difference in health care, and build sustainable value.
The Company strives to discover and develop first-in-class and best-in-class medicines-advancing a diverse portfolio of large and small molecules.
Job Summary (Primary function)
The Executive Director, Publication & Scientific Communication leads the development of scientific publication and communication plans.
Essential Functions of the Job (Key responsibilities)
- Lead cross-functional publication teams for investigational and marketed products.
- Contribute to the development and refinement of the overall strategy for Global Medical Affairs.
- Manage and provide professional development for individuals within the Publications / Sci Com department.
- Coordinate resources for writing, editing, formatting and submitting articles to peer-reviewed scientific journals and scientific/medical conferences.
- Drive development of scientific statements and FAQs from scientific publications and presentations.
- Manage literature updates for cross-functional team.
- Support PR and IR activities as needed (press releases, investor slide presentations).
- Interact with collaborators on all levels both within and outside the company.
- Manage and coordinate vendor coverage of scientific congresses and congress summaries.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with clinical experts, investigators, journal editors, and congress secretariats.
- Effectively manage the scientific communication/publication budget, provide updates to management and finance, and carefully monitor performance of external agencies.
- Develop and revise internal guidance and policies as needed in support of publication activities.
- Ensure that medical/scientific publication activities are within company policies, procedures, and good publications practice guidance.
- Deliver training to internal collaborators and external agency partners, and conduct compliance and quality audits.
- Gather and analyze project management metrics for tasks under functional responsibilities, and report such metrics to multiple internal stakeholders and teams.
- Assist in the development of and utilize appropriate software to catalog all projects under purview, including listing of the appropriate reviewers of document drafts as well as document version tracking.
- Maintain project timelines.
Qualifications (Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience, and competency)
- M.Sci. or M.P.H. or M.B.A. required; Ph.D. or Dr. P.H. preferred. Certification as a Medical Publications Professional (CMPP) strongly preferred.
- 8 – 15 years of experience within industry or consulting organization.
- Emphasis in experience in hematology/oncology.
- Thorough understanding of the clinical development process, especially clinical study data and outcomes measures in as well as pertaining to a given product’s lifecycle management.
- In-depth understanding of the scientific and medical rationale within therapeutic areas.
- Ability to stay abreast of new information and changes in the field.
- Ability to critically appraise and apply knowledge gained from medical/scientific literature.
- Understanding of corporate strategies and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex medical/scientific information.
- Must have excellent knowledge of global medical/scientific publishing environment, regulatory guidance as well as the official positions of major governing organizations.
- Ability to ensure professional ethics and scientific integrity for all peer-reviewed publications by supporting other members of matricized teams in appropriately collecting and archiving source documentation to sustain ethical and transparent publication development.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required.
Incyte Corporation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We Respect Your Privacy
Learn more at:
The Incyte hiring organization processes your personal data to manage your job application in order to enter into an employment relationship with you if you are the successful candidate.
During the process, you may be asked to respond to questions that will screen out your application if you do not meet certain objective criteria required by the job. You can learn more about this process .
You may have the right to access, delete, restrict, edit, move, or object to the use of your personal data. You may also have a right to report concerns to the authority responsible for data privacy in the country where the position is based or where you live or work.
You can learn more about Incyte’s data protection practices . By accessing this link you can learn about the types of personal data we collect, how we use it, whether collection and processing is optional, sources of the personal data we process, how it is shared, where it is stored or transferred to, how long we keep it, and contact information for Incyte, Incyte’s data protection officer, and your supervisory authority (if applicable).
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns or would like to exercise your rights.
We appreciate, celebrate, and thrive on one another’s differences and strengths and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. By valuing diversity of backgrounds and perspectives and prohibiting all forms of harassment, we are able to promote a collaborative and innovative work environment in which everybody can contribute to their fullest potential.