Executive. Director, Global Product Strategy PDL1
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19803
Incyte is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel medicines to meet serious unmet medical needs in oncology and inflammation and autoimmunity. Incyte is committed to the rigorous pursuit of research and development excellence to improve the lives of patients, make a difference in health care, and build sustainable value.
The Company strives to discover and develop first-in-class and best-in-class medicines-advancing a diverse portfolio of large and small molecules.
Job Summary (Primary function)
The Executive Director, Oral PDL1 Program, GPS leads global product strategy for one or more assets in the Incyte portfolio targeting the PD1 pathway via small molecule inhibitors. The position reports to the EVP of Global Strategy and Corporate Development and is responsible for helping to shape the development and regulatory strategy, for formulating the commercialization and go-to-market strategy for these assets. This position will also work with regions to develop a Global brand and to execute Global product launches and subsequently drive maximum market potential for Incyte’s oral PD1 inhibitors
Essential Functions of the Job (Key responsibilities)
- Drive the Development and Regulatory strategy of small molecule pipeline assets targeting the PD1 axis, working closely with the Clinical Development lead, the Global Project Head and other members of the Strategy Focus Group. Focus on potential differentiating features of an oral inhibitor to help shape development of these assets, along with potential combinations with other agents in order to maximize potential patient and financial value.
- Develop and execute Global launches by leading direct reports within GPS and by working with regional commercial and medical colleagues including key launch initiatives such as Global branding, core positioning, messaging, promotional tools, training, presence at international meetings, and other key activities.
- Lead, working with Global Medical Affairs, the Global Commercialization Team (cross functional, international brand team) to support launch preparation as well as ongoing Global Product/Asset strategy.
- Work closely with Global Value, Access, and Pricing (GVAP) team to ensure a strong global pricing strategy and support of market access initiatives.
- Develop and maintain a high degree of therapeutic area knowledge to provide clear vision of landscape/competitive environment for relevant assets and indications and create a clear position for Incyte products that meets global and local market needs.
- Develop and manage market opportunity assessments and global forecasts.
- Develop deep working relationships with key external thought leaders and drive regular discussions with these experts through advisory boards that involve senior Incyte leadership
- Perform all company business in accordance with regulations and company policies and procedures.
Qualifications (Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience, and competency)
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced science, medical or business degree strongly preferred.
- 10+ year’s commercial operating experience including brand leadership and launches.
- Experience working in both global and regional roles; international experience preferred.
- Extensive oncology and/or hematology strategic and operational leadership experience. Experience in Immuno-oncology preferred
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams and to interact with senior leadership.
- Significant familiarity with drug development and approval process across different geographies
- Facility with quantitative analysis, financial modeling, and scenario assessments to help drive appropriate strategic decision-making
- Superior communication skills and the ability to synthesize and communicate complex information.
- Ability to work independently in a rapidly changing environment.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required.
Incyte Corporation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We Respect Your Privacy
Learn more at:
The Incyte hiring organization processes your personal data to manage your job application in order to enter into an employment relationship with you if you are the successful candidate.
During the process, you may be asked to respond to questions that will screen out your application if you do not meet certain objective criteria required by the job. You can learn more about this process .
You may have the right to access, delete, restrict, edit, move, or object to the use of your personal data. You may also have a right to report concerns to the authority responsible for data privacy in the country where the position is based or where you live or work.
You can learn more about Incyte’s data protection practices . By accessing this link you can learn about the types of personal data we collect, how we use it, whether collection and processing is optional, sources of the personal data we process, how it is shared, where it is stored or transferred to, how long we keep it, and contact information for Incyte, Incyte’s data protection officer, and your supervisory authority (if applicable).
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns or would like to exercise your rights.
We appreciate, celebrate, and thrive on one another’s differences and strengths and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. By valuing diversity of backgrounds and perspectives and prohibiting all forms of harassment, we are able to promote a collaborative and innovative work environment in which everybody can contribute to their fullest potential.