Registered Nurse - OBGYN - MAP II practice - Chris
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
- Christiana Care Health System is currently seeking a Registered Nurse to work full-time for the MAP II OBGYN practice at Christiana Hospital.
In this role the Registered Nurse will provide nursing care and assume responsibility and accountability for obstetrical and gynecological outpatients through the nursing process in collaboration with other health care team members.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Perform and document assessment of patients for visit following established criteria and office specific standards
Initiate and individualize plan of care for patients following established office specific standard.
Assist with routine OB/GYN exams and procedures.
Triage phone calls and follow up with patients regarding test results.
Assess patient/family learning needs and carry out teaching measures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BSN required; ADN candidates are required to obtain their Bachelors of Science, Nursing Degree (BSN) within three (3) years of their start date as outlined in the Education Agreement required to be signed as a condition of employment.
- At least two years of nursing experience required. OB/GYN office based experience preferred. Womens Health experience preferred.
- RN License in the state of Delaware required
- BLS Certification required
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.