Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Middletown, DE 19709
What you will do:
The Quality Leader will direct Quality assurance efforts for the product operations with emphasis on identification and solution of process, material or labor problems that could compromise plant and group quality commitments.
Trains staff personnel and applies analytical and statistical analyses to achieve required quality results. Represents the plants from the Quality standpoint in front of customers and suppliers when escalation above the plants is needed.
Coordinates all containment actions for the plants in case of Quality concerns and all the long term and global sharing of best practices and basic standardization regarding to Quality. Supports GISC Quality to drive standardization of processes (quality tools like FMEAs, control plans, poka yokes, testing equipment) and BBPs (technical improvements, procedures, etc.) across all plants within the Product Operations footprint.
How you will do it:
The Quality Manager position is responsible for planning and directing the quality and continuous improvement activities for the North American manufacturing group. The Quality Manager will further develop, implement, and manage existing systems designed to drive quality behavior and discipline throughout the manufacturing process.
- Assures QS and ISO requirements are met. Acts as Plant representative during audits.
- Manages and directs the activities of the Plant Quality Technicians.
- Assures plant purchases are made according to corporate guidelines, in budget, on a timely basis.
- Manages Quality Assurance Systems to include the maintenance of warranty data, in-plant scrap data, compliance data, SNR’s, customer concerns, etc. Assures accurate records are maintained for internal and external quality costs. Assure customer expectations are met.
- Prepares annual Quality budgets.
- Administers and signs-off existing/new process specifications (SCO/DCO system, Control Plan)
- Reviews all Quality reports to identify issues. Assists Plant Manager with the correction of issues.
- Manages the hiring and training of all direct reports. Monitors and provides feedback on direct report performance and provides developmental opportunities as needed.
- Provides technical support to customers and suppliers regarding resolution of quality or products liability issues.
- Determines dispositions of all defective materials and hold-ups.
- Setting quality objectives and related training.
- Ensuring the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout the location.
- Responsible for identification evaluation and implementation of Customer Specific Requirements (CSRs) within the Manufacturing site.
- Notifying customers of any planned changes to the design, manufacturing process or site.
- Review customer Scorecards and Customer portals and take appropriate actions.
- Monitoring of site corrective and preventive actions (e.g. proper claims handling).
- Ensure that the quality management system is maintained and its effectiveness / efficiency is continuously improved, and that the system always complies with the requirements of the current version of the ISO 9001/IATF 16949 specifications.
What we look for:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering Technology or related field
- Minimally 5 years’ experience in a Quality leadership role in a manufacturing environment
- Hands on lab testing experience
- IATF/VDA audit experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present clear and concise information to varied levels within the organization
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification required
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred
Who we are
Clarios is a world leader in advanced energy storage solutions. We partner with our customers to meet increasing market demand for smarter applications, on a global scale. Our 16,000 employees develop, manufacture and distribute a portfolio of evolving battery technologies for virtually every type of vehicle. Technologies that deliver uniquely sustainable, next-generation performance, and bring reliability, safety and comfort to everyday lives. We add value at every link in the supply chain, contributing to the progress of the communities we serve and the planet we all share. Learn more about Clarios at www.clarios.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Clarios does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Clarios employees or any other company location. Clarios is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.
Clarios, LLC is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law, EEO is the Law (supplement), and Pay Transparency Non-discrimination. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please email Special.Accommodations@Clarios.com.
Clarios is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law.