Logistics Planner II
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
New Castle, DE 19720
Logistics Planner II
Production and Manufacturing
Under the supervision of Logistics/Planning Management, the Logistics Planner is responsible for scheduling production needs, preparing and monitoring the production plan, and communicating changes to affected individuals.Typical tasks of the position include, but are not limited to
Effectively plan production activities by accurately evaluating the the demand plan for production each area. Prioritize work orders analytical tools to review on hand quantities, safety stock levels, forecasts for the period, and material shortages.
- Communicate the production plan to affected stakeholders. Reviews status of all previously released orders; obtains commitments for the assemblers and technicians as to completion of each assigned job; resolves issues involving parts or technical problems which may impede timely completion of jobs; discusses new order being released as well as anticipated parts shortages; monitors the status of the production floor, distributes additional work as necessary to maintain production levels.
- Determine configuration of product to be completed by comparing on hand quantity and in process jobs with open customer order and current forecast demands.
- Prepares all necessary paperwork including production vouchers, serial number labels, etc.
- Monitors material shortages and maintains communications with buyers regarding disposition of materials; prioritizes and determines urgency of material needs and communicates to buyers; informs Group Leaders and Assemblers of any material shortages and the anticipated arrival dates. Investigates and resolves material issues; identifies errors in the Bill of Material and informs Project Engineer.
- Communicates with warehouse personnel in order to establish the picking priority of materials and receipt of materials.
- Researches and addresses any product shortages appearing on the daily shortage report; releases and prioritizes orders in the work centers; communicates shipping status of items appearing on the report and again when it is available for shipment; works with the Customer Services Representatives when necessary to ascertain the urgency of any shortage.
- Prioritizes the work of the Quality Control Inspectors by evaluating the needs of the production floor, the buyers and engineering.
- Develops / improves SAP analytical tools to assist in completion of materials management processes.
The successful candidate will have a combination of knowledge, skills, and experience that would include the following
- Minimum of 2-4 years in a related job.
- High school diploma required, Associates degree preferred.
- SAP MRP and data analytics experiance highly desired, highly skilled in Microsoft products required.
- Capability to write SAP reports.
- Ability to communicate ideas and information accurately and concisely. Basic mathematical skills must include ability to add subtract, multiply and divide using all units of measure.
- Capacity for practical problem solving and capability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
As the world’s leading supplier of thermal analysis and rheology systems, TA Instruments is a fast growing and highly profitable division of an S&P 500 company, priding itself in innovation and an uncompromising commitment to customer support. Our continued growth relies on recruiting and developing individuals that can make a positive contribution to our business. For additional information about our high technology products sold to Fortune Global 500 companies and leading academic institutions and government laboratories around the world, visit our website at www.tainstruments.com.
Headquartered in Delaware, with manufacturing sites in the US and Europe, we are represented in all of the major markets around the world with sales offices in the USA, Canada, Japan, India, China, Taiwan, South Korea, Brazil, Mexico, Australia and across Europe.
TA Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the policy of TA Instruments to recruit, hire, and retain the best-qualified workforce while meeting the Company’s commitment to affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. TA Instruments does not discriminate against any qualified candidate for employment because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, religious creed, age (40 or older), disability (reasonably accommodated by TA Instruments), medical condition, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other factor prohibited by law.