Plant Engineering Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Federalsburg, MD 21632
If you are an experienced Engineering Manager with a background in manufacturing and looking for a new opportunity with a leading company, Dart Container is looking for you to join our team!
As the Plant Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for managing the engineering, maintenance and manufacturing facilities operations at one of our larger plants with 700+ employees. This facility is creating some of our key product lines and more! In this role you will have the opportunity to directly see the results of your work by developing improvement of machinery and processes.
At Dart, we strive to grow our company with people who are passionate about their work and excited to be part of a thriving, innovative company. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that is setting the Industry Standard of Excellence, investing in new technology, and providing you exciting opportunities to drive your career, consider Dart as your next step.
Day to Day Role:
• Provides management of engineering services for the installation, maintenance, and improvement of machinery, equipment and facilities
• Lead continuous improvement initiatives
• Tracks maintenance issues and advises on action needed to ensure production is not impeded
• Responsible for installing and testing new equipment
• Ensures that maintenance standards are compliant with statutory health and safety regulations.
• Direct teams to assess progress, analyze problems, facilitate solutions, identify resources and adjust plans as needed
• Ensure that objectives are achieved at the lowest cost consistent with quality requirements
• Identify and recommend short- and long-term business strategies
• Develop and convey broad, advanced conceptual ideas, and propose and persuade several diverse stakeholders, including senior manufacturing leadership
• Review, approve, and communicate standardized practices and procedures for maintenance and engineering activities
• Establish and communicate department goals
• Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on applicable machinery, equipment and facility for cross functional projects
• Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of staff
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
• Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in engineering or related field and seven (7) years of engineering, facilities and/or machinery maintenance experience
• Seven (7) years of supervisory experience
• Demonstrated mastery in engineering discipline
• Demonstrated project management experience by having successfully managed and completed a large, complex engineering project
• Advanced knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various products
• Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications
• Advanced knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
• Advanced knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of products
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, cost analysis and budgeting, people management, and leadership guidance
• Excellent verbal and written skills necessary in order to persuade and influence decision making of individuals, groups, or work teams, and to explain difficult situations
• Ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical audiences
• Ability to utilize and train employees of varying levels/skills on technology, processes and procedures
• Ability to be on-call 24/7
• Work is split between an office environment, production facility, and/or warehouse
• Exposure to extreme heat, loud noise, dirt, dust, odors, and fumes is probable
• Required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in required areas
• Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license