Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Federalsburg, MD 21632
Are you a knowledgeable safety professional looking to join an organization where SAFETY is not just a priority but a BELIEF?
Dart is seeking a zealous EHS Manager to be instrumental in our Safety and Environmental compliance with OSHA (MOSH) and the state requirements permitting. The EHS Manager will have an active role in improving operations, working on investigations, while looking for environmental and safety opportunities in a large facility with 700+ employees.
As the EHS Manager you will play a key role bringing knowledge of safety programs, OSHA regulations and hands on experience with good manufacturing practices (GMP). Additionally, we need elevated communication skills to work with a strong team of experienced managerial leaders and a collaborative mindset to work with new production employees. We understand policies and regulations continuously change so we are looking for you to help maintaining environmental compliance to newest environmental standards and improve safety Leading and Lagging indicators.
With a foundation built on honesty, integrity, teamwork and respect for the individual, we’ve created a workplace where people who share our values thrive. We also invest in providing an environment centered on safety, community, health and wellness.
It only takes one application to be considered. See below for details and apply today!
• Manage and promote practices and processes intended to provide safe products that comply with appropriate laws and regulations, meet the company quality standards, and serve the needs of our customers
• Take ownership and demonstrate leadership necessary to achieve goals specific to Safety, Quality, Service, Efficiency and Employee Development
• Monitor KPI’s anticipating and correcting trends which would compromise achievement of targets
• Lead by example to promote and encourage employees to strongly commit to safety and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
• Consult with all regulatory agencies, ensure compliance and manage audits
• Direct, develop and deliver EHS training programs to ensure employee’s knowledge, understanding and adherence to safety and environmental regulations pertaining to the operation of the facility
• Manage EHS programs including cost control/reduction and accident prevention/reduction
• Develop, implement and coordinate all Industrial Hygiene activities including non-hazardous, hazardous, and universal and infectious waste disposal
• Develop, implement and coordinate all Fire Prevention/Protection and Ergonomic programs
• Track, approve and maintain chemical inventories for hazard notification, reporting requirements and Material Safety Data Sheet system updates
• Develop procedures, work instructions and visual standards as needed to drive improvement and ensure implementation
• Assist in identifying and developing audit/inspection criteria which are effective in preventing or controlling deficient or problematic processes
• Ensure all EHS issues identified during internal/external audits and Safety Committee audits are resolved
• Provide support for incident investigations and Why Tree/Root Cause Analysis
• Collaborate with local Human Resources Manager in the administration of Worker’s Compensation and Early Return to Work Program
• Understand, support and follow management expectations in alignment with company values
• Supervise, cross-train and direct the work of others
• Responsible for employee onboarding, coaching/counseling, development, discipline, performance appraisals, administration of policies and assignment of breaks, lunches, and other relief periods
• Make recommendations regarding staffing decisions
• Conduct or participate in the interview process with new candidates.
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Five (5) years of experience managing EHS initiatives
• Five (5) years of supervisory experience required.
• Displays strong interpersonal skills and is accessible and approachable
• Ability to utilize business sense and creativity to develop new ideas, approaches and solutions
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, cost analysis and budgeting, people management, and leadership guidance
• Ability to utilize and train employees on technology, processes and procedures
• Excellent verbal and written skills necessary in order to persuade and influence decision making of individuals, groups, or work teams, and to communicate difficult issues
• Experience in managing/handling compliance issues, permitting for all media, OSHA/EPA programs, regulatory reviews, permit preparation, reporting and record keeping.
• Experience in evaluating/interpreting OSHA, EPA and DOT regulations and NFPA, ANSI, ASTM, ASME, BOMA and BOCA standards.
• Experience with Federal, State and local Worker’s Compensation law
• Prior experience establishing proactive Ergonomics Program
• Experience using Microsoft Office, including the ability to create basic reports, documents, presentations and spreadsheets in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
• Demonstration of minimum proficiency with the English language in order to ensure effective new hire training and on-going communications about safety and quality issues
• Ability to be on-call 24/7 and work weekends
• Work is split between an office environment, production facility, and/or warehouse
• Exposure to extreme heat, loud noise, dirt, dust, odors, and fumes is probable
• Required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in required areas
• Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license