Field Reimbursement Manager-Respiratory Biologics, Indianapolis, IN - R-090792
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19801
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big, and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe
The Field Reimbursement Manager (FRM) role is to minimize reimbursement barriers for patients and providers and, therefore, optimize access to AstraZeneca products in the assigned therapeutic area. This purpose will be achieved by delivering consultations and interventions with key physicians and institutional customers through specialized services. FRMs will work closely with Managed Markets, Trade & Sales partners in the field, supporting targeted accounts in resolving reimbursement issues or concerns, developing ethical and customer-oriented reimbursement strategies, and proactively communicating payer criteria/terms and practices.
Compliance, Knowledge, & Skills
- Does not compromise ethics or integrity, or undertake legal risks while pursuing business goals
- Demonstrates leadership among peers by consistent application & modeling of appropriate compliance, behavior & conduct
- Ability to diagnosis complex market and customer problems and propose practical, effective and simple solutions
Reimbursement Related Experience
- Experience with physician-administered injectables preferred
- Excellent reimbursement expertise and payer knowledge preferred
- Knowledge and experience of legal and regulatory requirements related to the Biotech / Pharmaceutical industries
- Spends majority of time visiting customer accounts in the field
- Works with manager, peers and partners in Marketing, Sales and various Managed Markets and Trade groups to review/understand relevant franchise and managed care business plans, tactics, goals, and objectives
- Spends considerable time and effort working with field partners in Sales reviewing their territory business plans and progress.
- Help to identify reimbursement-specific opportunities or issues, as well as educating partners on the payer landscape
- Maintain a high level of Managed Care and related Managed Markets benefit structures, reimbursement mechanisms, legal and regulatory influences, and health management programs.
- Maintain consistent ability to access and influence key business decision-makers.
- Maintain an outstanding level of Multiple Therapeutic Area knowledge, utilization management techniques, treatment, and reimbursement guidelines.
- Maintain an outstanding level of performance metric analytics.
- Maintain an outstanding ability to prepare and present provider level communications.
Planning and Analysis:
- Maintain an outstanding level of territory planning, organization, and administrative skills.
- Lead territory and all assigned accounts within a set budget.
- Develop and support budgeting requests for specific customer programs.
- Demonstrate strong oral, written, and group interpersonal skills.
- Maintain frequent contact with Field Leadership and local field staff.
- In a timely and accurate manner, submit all budgetary information, expenses reports, and required administrative reports to Field Leadership.
- Maintain effective communication with customers and affiliates.
- Bachelors Degree (MBA or other related graduate-level degree is preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of total business experience in the healthcare or pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Minimum of 2 or more years’ sales, managed care or reimbursement experience is required
Preferred Experience / Background:
- Two to four years of Biotech or Pharmaceutical Sales experience.
- Two to four years of Managed Markets experience.
- Infectious Disease, Respiratory, Inflammation, Autoimmune, Oncology, Cardiovascular and Neuroscience experience.
- Experience with business planning and market analysis.
- Experience in implementing valuable programs and advisory programs.