Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
New Castle, DE 19720
New Castle County Department of Community Services has openings for recurring part-time Barn Worker positions. These positions are scheduled for no more than 25 hours per week on a year-round basis. Applicants must be at least 16 years of age with one to three years of relevant work experience preferred; must possess a valid Delaware Class D driver’s license; and possess a high school diploma or GED.
(CSW IV, $11.60 – $12.60/hr)
• Cares for horses and various animals;
• Waters and feeds animals and horses according to feeding instructions and specifications;
• Cleans outdoor livestock sheds;
• Maintains horses and livestock with total hygiene care per instructions;
• Cleans stalls and water buckets and adds fresh hay and bedding as instructed;
• Restocks hay and straw in appropriate areas;
• Turns horses out and brings them in from the pasture;
• Unloads and stores feed and supplies;
• Cleans saddles and bridles and other related riding equipment and checks for defects;
• Cleans and sweeps barn aisle;
• Prepares horses for public riders by grooming and properly tacking them up as needed for the event;
• Requires the ability to lift 20 to 30pounds on a regular basis;
• Requires the ability to lift 50 to 60 pounds occasionally;
• Possess valid Delaware Class D Driver’s License.
• Must pass required background checks.