Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
New Castle, DE 19720
New Castle County Department of Community Services has openings for recurring part-time Cafe Worker positions at the Route 9 Library. These positions are scheduled for no more than 25 hours per week on a year-round basis. Applicants must have at least three (3) years of experience in work related to the duties to be performed (experience must have been at the supervisory level if the duties of the position require supervision) and possession of a high school diploma or GED or an equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Must pass or possess current ServSafe certification within three (3) months of hire. Preference may be given to applicants who are bilingual in Spanish and English.
(CSW V, $12.10-$13.10/hr.)
• Manages food and nutrition programs under supervision;
• Petty-cash custodian
• Perform clerical and administrative work as needed;
• Manages customer accounts, taking payments or documents;
• Order office and facility supplies;
• Coordinates records and statistics for programs, customers, inventory, etc.;
• Participates in planning and evaluation of program, facilities, and staff;
• Serves as primary liaison between customers, staff and program supervisor;
• Makes recommendations on facility, equipment, customer or staffing needs;
• Assists with time and attendance records for part-time program staff;
• Helps to construct new regulations and policies for food and nutrition programs.
• Monitors general quality of operations and makes appropriate recommendations;
• Assists in food inventory, menu creations, food prep, and serving;
• May oversees subordinate community services workers;
• Leads and directs specialized food and nutrition activity or venue;
• Helps collect payments, fees, fines, and materials from customers and participants;
• Monitors systems, activities and schedules at facilities;
• Background checks are required.