Senior Facilities Designer - Planner
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dover, DE 19904
Senior Facilities Designer – Planner
Send This Job to a Friend
Facilities Planning & Construction
Full time 80 (Two week Payperiod)
Bachelor of Art
SR. FACILITIES DESIGNER – PLANNER – Full Time
Bayhealth is DRIVEN to bring the nation’s best healthcare to our communities here at home.
Bayhealth is Central and Southern Delaware’s largest health care system, Bayhealth is comprised of Bayhealth Kent Campus, Bayhealth Sussex Campus, the freestanding Emergency Department in Smyrna as well as numerous satellite facilities and employed physician practices encompassing a variety of specialties.
The Senior Facilities Designer-Planner is responsible for the planning, design development and execution of new construction and renovation projects from inception through to completion, as well as leading master planning and lifecycle management activities for Bayhealth enterprise-wide. Acts as architectural design process owner for facilities planning initiatives. As such, provides technical leadership needed to establish overall direction of architectural design, campus planning, landscape architecture, capital planning and related facilities initiatives. Coordination with various hospital departments and committees, city, county, and state agencies, consulting architect & engineering firms and related consultants, and construction firms. Leads project teams and mentors facilities planning team members.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design or related discipline
Master’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design or related discipline
7 years experience in architecture / interior design / space planning or related work experience.
2 or more years experience in healthcare design and construction.
· Demonstrated experience in AutoCAD designing with a proven track record of successful execution of projects with in-depth knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAD.
· Basic Autodesk Revit experience
· Working knowledge of MS Project software and ability to depict projects in schedule form.
· Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office or similar software, as well as Outlook Email.
Understanding of FGI Guidelines applicable to hospital and outpatient design and construction.
Due to insurance carrier requirements, all staff must be at least 21 years of age with a current class D driver’s license with no more than 3 moving violations or accidents in the past 3 years
Special Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
• Working knowledge of state codes, standards and regulations, as well as, ADA guidelines.
• Analytical skills necessary to interpret and develop plans and specifications.
• Ability to read and develop plans, specifications and other documents related to construction projects.
• Knowledge of budget control and accounting normally associated with construction management.
• Interpersonal and communication skills necessary to lead a group to develop and execute solutions to construction problems
• Must be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.