Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Rehoboth, DE 19971
JOB TITLE: Clerk Cashier
DEPARTMENT: Front End
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Operates a cash register and all the duties which correspond to this activity.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
• Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the associate’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
• Genuinely thanks each customer and invites them back.
• Assists customers by: (examples include)
o escorting them to the products they’re looking for
o securing products that are out of reach
o loading or unloading heavy items
o making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
o performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
• Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
• Operates cash register accurately and scans all products.
• Redeems promotional coupons, WIC checks and rain checks; receives cash, checks, and EBT/EFT transactions; counts back change, issues receipts and Catalina coupons.
• Changes register tape and ribbons as necessary.
• Places merchandise in bags and or cart in a neat, organized fashion.
• Assists courtesy clerks as needed.
• Answers customer questions and concerns and follows-up with appropriate personnel.
• Understands and follows local, state, and company policies on sales of tobacco and liquor.
• Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal guidelines regarding WIC and EBT (Link).
• Required to know value, look-up numbers, department numbers, and features of items for which money is received.