Deli Clerk (Delicatessen Clerk)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Rehoboth, DE 19971
PURPOSE: Ensures meat is wrapped, weighted, priced, labeled and displayed properly. Fills display cases. Maintains cleanliness of department and equipment. Ensures customer service and product quality, freshness, safety and selection.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Adheres to Company and Division customer service programs to meet or exceed Division customer service goals. Handles customer relations in a positive manner, including effective resolution of customer complaints and reporting to the Meat Manager or Store Director as appropriate. Promotes Albertson’s philosophy of personalized service.
• Weighs, wraps, prices and labels poultry, meat, fish and other fresh products in the Meat Department.
• Follows laws and Company policy on weighing, labeling, code-dating and the handling of reworked and reduced-to-clear items.
• Receives and breaks down loads. Cuts cases, stacks, dates and marks merchandise, organizes and rotates product in cooler, organizes storage areas and refrigerates products immediately. Checks for quality and quantity. Maintains product quality by ensuring compliance with Company policies and federal and state regulations on handling, storage and temperatures.
• Transports wrapped product from work area to display cases. Maintains and stocks display cases. Pulls out of code date and spoiled product. Ensures proper merchandising, signing, inventory level and eye-appeal of department.
• May perform limited cutting duties for training purposes only.
• Controls shrink and expenses.
• Accurately completes and monitors daily log sheet and other required paperwork and logs.
• Maintains and organizes meat department cooler and freezer. Ensures cleanliness and sanitation of sales floor, meat deli and butcher block cases, work areas, cooler, freezer, equipment and retail cases.
• Ensures that product packaging, labeling, rotation and wrapping standards are met.
• Ensures proper merchandising of product by understanding and implementing schematics, merchandising of advertised items, proper signing procedures and monitoring product flow. Complies with retail labeling laws, federal and state regulations and Company policies.
• Complies with all federal, state and local health, and food handling and safety standards.
• Assists customers by taking and filling special orders. Makes product suggestions and engages in suggestive selling. Makes intercom announcements.
• Answers and responds to incoming calls appropriately.
• Responsible for performing all job duties and responsibilities safely, accurately and with honesty and integrity.
• Other necessary and required duties.
• Hands are frequently exposed to moisture while handling and stocking poultry, meat, fish and other fresh product. Requires the ability to work, for prolonged periods of time, in an environment range of 40° to 50° Fahrenheit. Hands are frequently exposed to 30° Fahrenheit while handling product in the display cases.
• Exposure to 28° Fahrenheit while handling products in cooler and -20° Fahrenheit in freezer.
• Working conditions consist of a temperature controlled store environment.