Senior Production Planner
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Frederica, DE 19946
We are ILC Dover
Innovators at our core, we develop engineered solutions for our customers’ complex problems.
Recognized globally for our flexible containment solutions, ILC Dover serves customers in a diverse range of industries, including pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing, personal care, food and beverage, chemical, aerospace, healthcare and government agencies. At ILC Dover, quality is a culture, not a measurement. Our customers will tell you that we cater to their every need and that we’re highly innovative, responsive, dedicated and competitive. We have been innovating since 1947. ILC Dover’s visionary solutions improve efficiency, safeguard workers and product, and prevent disasters—proof that we are on the front line of business excellence.
Engineering evolution beyond boundaries.
The Advanced Planner is an integral member of a value stream leadership team at the ILC Dover site in Frederica.
The Advanced Planner is primarily responsible for determining production requirements and generating schedules to meet customer demand and quality requirements. Includes handling expedited customer requests. (production planning). Involves generation and maintenance of component inventory stocking levels to support production needs (materials planning). Will have a strong understanding of core Supply Chain fundamentals such as MRP, safety stock calculations and forecasting (supply vs actuals).
The Advanced Planner also participates in sourcing local suppliers. They are responsible for generating purchase requisitions in alignment with requirements (materials, equipment, and stock items).
Essential Job Functions*:
• Ownership of Production Readiness Review – ensuring capacity (labor and machine), materials and design are available to meet customer requested dates
• Regular review of acceptance process including alignment resolution and investigation ending with the organization’s commitment to the customer
• Adjust the production plan for best results (opens job orders with optimal timing)
• Responsible for monitoring and maintaining transactional accuracy in the ERP system for inventory control and material usage in production
• Responsible for reviewing any variances encountered during the production process
• Regular communications with material handling team, customer service reps, operations supervisors, engineers, and shipping teams to ensure alignment
• Manage production work orders to define the production plan in support factory procurement strategy (including generation of production order paperwork)
• Maintain & analyze all production planning performance metrics – on-time start, on-time completion & delivery, lead-time compliance, aged work orders, labor, and material variances; identify, communicate, and resolve issues for best results
• Work with master scheduler and purchasing to understand longer term demand requirements and ensure raw material supply plan can support business plan
• Align production schedule to material requirements planning to ensure zero stock outs.
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Conducts complex work important to the organization; contributions effect overall success – failure would result in significant impact to the organization
• Works with limited supervision, with latitude for independent judgement
• Strong ERP implementation experience
• Will be assigned to represent value stream on cross functional teams (including all business transformation initiatives)
• Will demonstrate cross functional knowledge of multiple business units
• Bachelors Degree preferred in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Operations Management, or related field; comparable combination of education and experience will be considered
• Level of Experience: 10+ years of experience
• APICS certification and/or Yellow Belt, Green Belt or Black Belt preferred.
• Must have strong working knowledge of the flow of data through entire process – from design conception to shipment of product
• Experience in a regulated, lot-controlled manufacturing environment required.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work in cross-functional teams in a lead capacity or as a participant.
• Experience or training with Lean and Visual Factory manufacturing tools.
• Demonstrated analytical skills, problem solving and learning ability
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of team membership
• Ability to work within defined process and identify process improvements, drive improvements and sustain improvements; Ability to get results through process
• Demonstrated comprehension and experience with various business models and their effect on supply chain structure, planning and execution
Background Check & Drug Screening Required
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran