Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Frederica, DE 19946
- We are ILC Dover
Innovators at our core, we develop engineered solutions for our customers’ complex problems.
Recognized globally for our flexible containment solutions, ILC Dover serves customers in a diverse range of industries, including pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing, personal care, food and beverage, chemical, aerospace, healthcare and government agencies. At ILC Dover, quality is a culture, not a measurement. Our customers will tell you that we cater to their every need and that we’re highly innovative, responsive, dedicated and competitive. We have been innovating since 1947. ILC Dover’s visionary solutions improve efficiency, safeguard workers and product, and prevent disasters—proof that we are on the front line of business excellence.
Engineering evolution beyond boundaries.
- The Warehouse Manager is a key member of the OPS leadership team at ILC Dover in Frederica.
- They are responsible for the overall performance of warehouse operations, transportation, customer service, safety, security, and regulatory compliance.
- The Warehouse Manager plans, organizes, directs, and controls all warehouse, shipping and receiving, and material flow activities for our two sites in Delaware.
- Recruits and continually develops warehouse team. Drives individual and team performance to highest possible level.
- Responsible for leading tier meetings and driving lean tools and culture into the business. * Displays a daily passion to improve, does not settle for doing things the way they are.
- Strong understanding of warehousing and supply chain fundamentals, including ERP, dispatching, warehouse layout, inventory optimization, and cycle counting.
• Oversee daily material and warehouse operations in a multi-site, multi-shift environment.
• Aggressively promotes a safe work environment. Ensures work habits and processes necessary to prevent injuries and accidents is established and maintained. Models behaviors of a ‘safety first’ culture.
• Ensures that all warehouse and shipping operations are carried out in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
• Develops people. Responsible for talent selection, providing feedback, performance reviews, and development plans for direct members of their team. Creates and maintains work instructions for all warehouse positions. Ensure policies and procedures are in place and followed.
• Understands customer value, focus efforts of self and team to improve this every day. Assures that customers receive the required level of service and quality, works with customer service team to resolve order exceptions.
• Lead the warehouse in daily Tier 1 huddle; represent warehouse and materials groups in Tier 2 and Tier 3 meetings as part of the plant leadership team.
• ERP system utilization and accuracy. Maintain a working knowledge of company’s and freight vendors warehouse management systems. Understands material and production planning.
• Delivers expected results for safety, quality, service, and cost. Leads continuous improvement efforts for materials and warehouse, participates in site wide efforts. Optimizes effectiveness of people and equipment.
• Effectively works with other plant leadership to resolve issues that affect safety, quality, delivery, or cost. Works seamlessly with value stream teams to meet organizational objectives.
• Applies lean principles and leadership to continually improve flow across operations.
• Ensures warehouse facilities and equipment are maintained and upgraded as required.
• Owns inventory accuracy. Leads cycle count process and corrective action efforts.
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Bachelor’s degree in logistics, business, or related field of study. Minimum of 5 years experience in a warehouse operations environment, plus a minimum of 3-5 years in a management capacity. Combination of education and management experience may be considered. Yellow Belt, Green Belt or Black Belt certification a plus.
• Leadership – Warehouse Manager must have a continuous improvement mindset with demonstrated results. Displays a passion for their work and team every-day.
• Gets Results Through Self and Others – Has experience not only delivering results for themselves but has delivered results through cross functional and functional employees. Must be collaborative, motivating, and professional. Must be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and with utilizing data to make decisions and run the business.
• Demonstrated experience in a lean, visual factory, inventory management production environment. Formal training in lean principles and how to improve flow.
• Working knowledge of OSHA, DOT, and employment regulations and best practices. Experience in a HAZMAT waste stream production environment as plus.
• Must be able to work on Government programs (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident of the U.S.)
• Proficient with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); TMS transportation systems, carrier portals and shipping kiosks; database software and ERP operating systems.
Background Check & Drug Screening Required
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran