Facilities Maintenance, HVAC
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Frederica, DE 19946
We are ILC Dover
Innovators at our core, we develop engineered solutions for our customers’ complex problems.
Recognized globally for our flexible containment solutions, ILC Dover serves customers in a diverse range of industries, including pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing, personal care, food and beverage, chemical, aerospace, healthcare and government agencies. At ILC Dover, quality is a culture, not a measurement. Our customers will tell you that we cater to their every need and that we’re highly innovative, responsive, dedicated and competitive. We have been innovating since 1947. ILC Dover’s visionary solutions improve efficiency, safeguard workers and product, and prevent disasters—proof that we are on the front line of business excellence.
Engineering evolution beyond boundaries.
The incumbent performs preventative maintenance to and around the facility. New construction, renovations, and other required facility construction or maintenance is performed as needed. Participates in special projects as needed and participates in safety/ security measures.
*Essential Job Duties- HVAC Technician
• Understand, practice, and support safety standards in all work and in all locations
• Perform general maintenance and repair duties including light carpentry, basic electrical, HVAC, grounds maintenance, and arranging furniture and partitions
• Assist employees with internal moves
• May work with specialized outside contractors
• May have some formal training in one or more trades
• Install and repair facility heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems
• Perform efficiency tests on HVAC equipment to ensure optimal function
• Make recommendations for organization in order to improve efficiency or operation
• Assist in the design of new facility’s plumbing systems
• Ensure all HVAC systems are in compliance with local or national regulatory requirements.
• May require certification in use of refrigerants
• Performs general tasks and completes routine assignments
• Receives assistance in the completion of more complex assignments
• Developing proficiency within discipline
• Works under moderate supervision with some latitude for independent
• Must be able to work in restricted areas of the facility (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident of the U.S.)
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent, e.g. GED
• Technical training and/or certifications preferred and may be required for specific positions
• Intermediate level of experience requires 1- 3 years of experience; facilities maintenance experience is preferred
• Must be able to effectively communicate in English (read, write, speak)
• Must be knowledgeable of basic math and English measurement (not metric) and use of hand tools and/or power tools
• Must be able to work during evenings and weekends when necessary
Background Check & Drug Screening Required
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran