Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bridgeville, DE 19933
JOB SUMMARY: The Engineering Designer provides conceptual and flow designs, detail designs
and drafting, standardization and quality improvement strategies for the department.
Equally important the
Engineering Designer must serve as a critical interface with manufacturing for quality fabrication and
installation of designed systems, helping to reduce the overall cost of operations.
OA Newton designs and produces material handling systems using mechanical or pneumatic conveying
for movement of bulk material such as PVC, wood flour, grain, and carbon black, serving the building
products, friction products, and agri-business industries.
1) Revise, or create ACAD / Solidworks drawings per verbal or written direction from supervisor with
efficiency and accuracy.
2) Maintain engineering drawing log.
3) Proper filing and archiving of engineering project manuals.
4) Managing drawings for job order releases, transmittals, meetings.
5) Compilation and distribution of transmittal packages.
6) Revise, or create standard M2M BOM s.
7) Revise, or create job order M2M BOM s.
8) Compilation and distribution of job order packets to production office.
9) Compilation and distribution of customer project manuals.
10) Perform volumetric design calculations for capacities.
11) Perform speed calculations for blowers, fans and airlocks
12) Perform air filtration calculations for bin vents, filter receivers, dust collectors.
13) Assist with project site documentation visits.
Participate in ongoing product development, increasing standardization, and development of
innovative designs and practices at the direction of the Engineering Manager.
Act as a leader in engineering quality and cost reduction through quality improvement, design for
manufacturing and assembly, and design for transport.
Continually improve effectiveness using the tools at OA Newton: the Made2Manage ERP system
in order to specify Bills of Material (BOM), Spare Parts Lists (SPL), Job Order Releases for
purchasing and fabrication, Routings, and other key parameters including report generation;
AutoCAD / Solidworks for development of System Flow Diagrams, Stack-ups, and Detail
Drawings; and MS Project, to provide Gannt charts and schedule work on large system designs.
Continually develop standards and design modules that promote repeatability in fabrication and
provide consistent field results.
This involves creation and maintenance of CAD drawing libraries
and BOMs and working with Purchasing to value-engineer products for cost reduction.
Routinely visit customer locations for field verifications.
This includes pre-project work such as
measurements, during installation and start-up, and post-project work for customer service and
Deliver designs on projects in harmony with the assigned Project Manager according to schedule,
and allocating and requesting resources as necessary.