Clinical Research Manager, Speech
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 496107
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Research & Laboratory, Full Time
Pay Grade: 30E
The Treatment Efficacy and Language Learning Lab is seeking a Speech Language Pathologist to serve as a clinical research manager under the supervision of Dr. Amanda Owen Van Horne. The successful candidate in Dr. Owen Van Hornes lab will coordinate research funded by the National Institutes of Health, the National Science Foundation, and the University of Delaware. Current projects include clinical trials focused on grammar intervention and uptake and maintenance of best practices by parents and clinicians. Our lab uses quantitative and qualitative approaches, elicited production, naturalistic language sample, and eye tracking methods.
Responsibilities: Support participant recruitment and retention efforts. Assess and treat children with DLD within a research protocol. Coordinate lab activities, including training and supervising student research assistants.? Ensure accurate data entry. Ensure that research and clinical service is conducted in an ethical fashion. Depend on qualifications and interest, the candidate may also participate in clinical or didactic teaching, the publication and grant writing process, and can be supported in developing/maintaining their own line of research. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Masters degree in speech language pathology and holds or is eligible for ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CF/CCC-SLP) and Delaware licensure in Speech language pathology.
- Experience working with children.
- Willing to travel 30-60 miles to see participants.
- Willing to work some evening and weekend hours to accommodate participant schedules.
- Effective social and communication skills. Organized, detail-oriented, resourceful, ability to multi-task, and shares the labs commitment to principals of equity and social justice in our research and clinical service.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and to be able to build and establish rapport with individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
- Preferred: a research doctorate in speech language pathology or an allied field, experience assessing and treating speakers of non-mainstream dialects, familiarity with the methods used in the lab and/or tele-practice, experience working in a research lab, strong technical or computer skills.
Apply Here: https://www.Click2Apply.net/f3chcscvx9qmqc9c