Land Development Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Smyrna, DE 19977
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website atwww.drhorton.comfor more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a*_Land Development Manager_*for their Operations Department. The right candidate willdevelopraw land and install infrastructure to enable construction of homes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and directs land development business including planning, design and development.
- Develop policies for usage, sale of properties and the construction schedule.
- Review and sign plats and other documents pertaining to land development.
- Budget for the construction of the entrances, lots, amenities and associated infrastructure for DR Horton communities; including road, drainage, water, sewer and landscaping.
- Responsible for developing departmental overhead budget and controlling the budget.
- Business operations for the land development department.
- Work with area municipalities and utility contractors.
Directly supervises two or more employees in the Land Development Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a vehicle, a valid driver’s license, and be willing to travel.
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and arelooking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental.///Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton,America’s Builder./
- Comefollowour newest Open Jobs on Twitter andlikeus on Facebook!
Organization: Home Builder
Title: Land Development Manager
Requisition ID: 2003061