Java Software Engineering
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19893
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. Expertise in various technology delivery concepts including Domain Driven Design, API oriented development, microservice and event based architectures, and automation are key. You will work on a team building cloud based solutions leveraging modern patterns with implementations in both our private and public cloud platforms.
We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
• Primarily responsible for the delivery of software as an agile team member.
• Champion leveraging modern technologies including cloud backed APIs, microservices and DevSec culture.
• Responsible for all aspects of technology delivery.
• Build and maintain relationships with business and technology team members.
• Triage technical issues and work toward solving problems.
• BS/BA degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field.
• 5+ years of experience on technical Delivery teams and enterprise products.
• Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals.
• Demonstrated experience building internet scale platforms from the ground up. Strong understanding of OOP & SOA principles, enterprise design patterns and industry best practices with experience using modern technology (e.g. Java, Cassandra, Kafka) and design patterns (e.g. microservices, APIs).
• Strong understanding of Java concurrency, concurrency patterns and experience building thread safe code.
• Expert level experience designing and building REST web services at internet scale.
• Experience in cloud technologies and patterns (AWS, Google Cloud).
• Experience with automated testing tools and capabilities (Cucumber, Selenium, ATDD, TDD).
• Experience with high volume, mission critical applications.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Experience with tuning high volume applications.
• Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle or Amazon RDS and messaging technologies such as IBM MQ and Apache Kafka.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans