Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19725
Chemours is seeking a(n) Principal Investigator – Fluorochemicals to join our team! This position will report directly to the Fluorochemicals Technology Director at our Newark, DE in the recently opened Chemours Discovery Hub.
This is a highly visible, key role within the Company and the technology function. The successful candidate will provide refrigeration and air conditioning equipment design expertise with a deep mechanical understanding of the trade-offs between equipment modification and fluid selection
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop solutions for stationary refrigeration and air conditioning markets through interactions with refrigerant fluid experts using commercial knowledge of equipment design and mechanical modifications to optimize system performance. Develop and implement test protocols, both experimental and through equipment focused modeling to demonstrate performance improvements.
- Develop and implement HVAC&R low GWP solutions focused on equipment at the customer interface, including both OEMs and downstream customers.
- Troubleshoot new and existing HVAC&R installations and provide practical solutions in the field
- Represent Chemours in standard and code setting organizations focused on the safe use of low GWP fluids
- Develop new IP in support of low GWP fluorochemical refrigerant fluids and their use
- Leverage mechanical engineering competency across the organization to support growth initiatives in Fluorochemicals
The following is /required/ for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferably in Mechanical Engineering
- 7+ years of experience in designing commercial refrigeration and/or air conditioning equipment preferably at a major OEM.
- 7 + years of Experience in equipment modeling and experimental system testing in controlled conditions and in the field.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work well with all levels in the organization
- Ability to work in teams and work in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated skills in multitasking and planning/organizing
- Excellent written and verbal communication
The following is /preferred/ for this role:
- Masters or PhD in Mechanical Engineering or a combination of engineering degrees with one of those degrees in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience in troubleshooting and implementing design solutions for commercial refrigerant and/or air conditioning equipment
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
- Company-paid Volunteer Days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves-at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are-Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a /“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”/ for 2019-2020-our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer/
/Chemours is an E-Verify employer/
/Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation/
/Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position/