Machine Operator I
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19725
Machine Operator I
A first level position requiring the operation of insertion and printing equipment for processing customer statements and other customer communications for a world class statement processor. The position requires an individual who is production and quality focused and who is capable of working in a high volume and demanding continuous production environment. Associates will be exposed to 5S and Lean Principles and will be expected to comply and exhibit behaviors consistent with 5S and Lean. The individual must be a self-starter, able to be cross-trained on multiple pieces of equipment (high speed and low speed), a team player, organized, and results oriented with exceptional work habits. Physical stamina, flexibility in work schedule, and decision-making ability are also required. Position requires compliance with all Department policies and safety regulations. This position will work under the direct supervision of the shift leader(s).
• Become operationally proficient on insertion and printing equipment while meeting basic production and quality standards.
• Demonstrate basic knowledge and awareness of 5S and Lean Manufacturing principles.
• Consistently model and demonstrate behaviors as required by the Bank of America Spirit – creating and sustaining a culture of both operational and service excellence.
• Must be willing and able to be cross-trained on multiple pieces of equipment as required.
• Ability to accurately complete machine log, accurately load jobs, understand internal workflow process, interdepartmental dependencies and workflows.
• Demonstrated strong work ethic, punctuality, attendance, and scheduling flexibility.
• Communicate effectively with department peers, supervisors, vendor representatives, and other departments.
The position requires the ability to operate insertion and printing equipment at a basic competence level to process customer statements and other customer communications on high speed printers and rendering equipment for mailing through the United States Postal Service.
• Some experience working in a production environment
• Ability to constantly stand for 8 hours
• Ability to push/pull/lift up to 40 lbs. as required throughout each shift
• Capability to work effectively in a team environment
• Orderliness in personal work habits
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
• Ability to write and complete basic data forms associated with production activity
• Ability to read, understand, and comply with English language production documents
• Ability to comply with basic English language verbal instructions
• Basic knowledge of numeric keyboard.
• Basic PC skills.
• Position requires a demonstrated ability to learn quickly
• Position requires demonstrated listening and understanding capabilities and the ability to be cross-trained
• Requires an ability to make sound decisions, solve problems, and to exhibit a continuous process improvement orientation.
• Aptitude to interpret data and take action
• Ability to communicate effectively
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• One + years of production related experience
• Previous experience operating insertion and/or print equipment
3rd shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role
Manages People: No
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Bank of America and its affiliates consider for employment and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster, CLICK HERE at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf .
To view the “EEO is the Law” Supplement, CLICK HERE at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf .
Bank of America aims to create a workplace free from the dangers and resulting consequences of illegal and illicit drug use and alcohol abuse. Our Drug-Free Workplace and Alcohol Policy (“Policy”) establishes requirements to prevent the presence or use of illegal or illicit drugs or unauthorized alcohol on Bank of America premises and to provide a safe work environment.
To view Bank of America’s Drug-free workplace and alcohol policy, CLICK HERE .