Workforce Development Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington , DE 19802
POSITION TITLE: Workforce Initiatives Support Specialist – Adult Training Program
DEPARTMENT: Workforce Initiatives
POSITION REPORTS TO: Regional/Sr. Program Manager
POSITION (S) SUPERVISED: None
TEAM MEMBERSHIP: EXECUTIVE ¨ ADMIN. ¨ QUALITY x MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
*POSITION PURPOSE –
The Workforce Initiatives Specialist has experience, higher educational level, and/or combination of experience and education to provide direct client services in career development, skills training, job readiness, and/or vocational evaluations which are geared towards an outcome of competitive employment in the individual’s chosen field. This position serves as a member of the Management Support Team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Follow safety policies and procedures and ensures safe-working conditions at all work site locations where clients have been assigned.
2. Support Case Management needs as well as perform all required training and retention duties as described in grant.
3. Work cooperatively with community groups, co-workers, and subordinates to promote the achievement of the company mission.
4. Maintain strict confidentiality of all sensitive information including but not limited to client program information.
5. Develop relationships with referral agencies and assist in developing and identifying new linkages to expand services.
6. Promote self-reliance and self-sufficiency of persons served through the development of individualized service plans that are based on vocational interest, skills, strengths and assessed needs.
7. Teach job seeking methods and techniques in individual and/or group settings as required.
8. Develop curriculum and updates and enhances current programs in which to prepare clients for the work opportunities.
9. Perform group and/or individual vocational/guidance counseling in support of client goals.
10. Maintain case records, write reports, and provide written communication with referring agencies.
11. Work one-on-one and in group settings to develop job readiness skills.
12. Conduct digital skills assessments.
13. Achieve program placement outcomes based on established quality standards.
14. Focus on client participation and appropriate career opportunities for each individual.
15. Assist in the development of new programs and/or adjustments to the current programs to meet the needs of the individual target populations.
16. Work with local businesses to promote the removal of attitudinal, architectural, communication, and transportation barriers.
17. Work cooperatively with business units as work centers for clients to establish productive work settings.
18. Provide appropriate program planning and case management. Ensure the development with input and participation from the client of Individual Service Strategy (ISS).
19. Responsible to communicate with the Adult Training Program Manager regarding internal and external issues related to program development and operations.
20. Develop and document on a timely basis all appropriate documentation of client services.
21. Assist the organization in maintaining compliance with appropriate standards and federal, state and local regulations.
22. Effectively utilize technology to meet department needs.
23. Ensure maximum security and protection of company assets.
24. Follow company policies and procedures.
25. Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
26. Attend meetings, training sessions, and committee/team activities as required.
27. All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE: Associates Degree and/or equivalent experience required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred and/or combination of direct experience/education. Five or more years of direct experience in a human services agency with direct client interaction.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.