Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
New Castle, DE 19720
POSITION SUMMARY The ‘MANAGER’, Business Excellence (BE) reports to the site Sr. Director of Operations, in Salisbury, MD. This position is responsible for leading, managing and achieving the organizational benefits associated with the deployment of Client’s Business Excellence improvement effort. The position is responsible for the development and maintenance of the Business Excellence Program including the process improvement program, benchmarking, Lean Principles and the development of a Green Belt Program. The position is responsible for establishing and maintaining process improvement (Lean and Six Sigma) training content, scheduling, logistics and the certification process. The Business Excellence position will assist in the site-wide project selection and tracking under the direction of the Sr. Director of Operations.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.) 1. Responsible for the development and maintenance of client, Business Excellence program and resource training certification processes, best practice sharing process, and project selection/tracking systems. 2. With the Sr. Director of Operations and Jubilant Business Excellence Team, champions and leads the deployment of Business Excellence to drive the achievement of critical cultural and business objectives contributing to the financial success of client including project evaluation, resource development and project mentorship. 3. May be responsible for facilitating and leading to completion performance improvement projects as assigned. This includes projects designed to support the goals of client’s Business Excellence objectives. 4. Interfaces and problem solves with one or more functional organizations such as Sales, Marketing, Finance, Research and Development, Supply Chain, Procurement and/ or Human Relations a must. 5. Provides consultative and subject matter expert support to client and the internal functions as required to evaluate their Business Excellence processes and key initiatives and Green Belt resources within their groups. 6. Engages with client Executive and Business Unit/Functional leadership as required to deploy Business Excellence principles, governance and improvement activities. 7. Manages multiple complex projects with the ability to deliver timely and positive results. 8. As required, provides training, mentoring and support the certification of Green Belts.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the experience and qualifications required:
• EDUCATION o Bachelor’s Degree required in related field of study. o Masters in Business Administration or other advanced degree preferred.
• INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE REQUIRED o Business Excellence, Black Belt, Lean certification preferred with 5-8 years demonstrated success in project implementation and sustaining results. o Experience and success in international environments and cultures a plus. o Leadership experience of 3-5 years in an operations or quality role desired with demonstrated success in process improvement and performance management techniques. o Experience with Operational Excellence and Lean Six Sigma system tools (i.e. Minitab, SAS, SPSS, project tracking, etc.). o Experience in strategy deployment, culture change initiatives, change management and organizational development concepts a plus.
• SPECIALIZED CERTIFICATIONS/ LICENSE/TRAINING o Business Excellence, Black Belt, Lean certification required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required: • COMMUNICATION SKILLS o Demonstrated ability interfacing with, influence, and collaborate with senior business leadership at the Executive level. o Demonstrated interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate at all levels to maintain relationships and cooperation in pursuing organizational goals. o Ability to influence, negotiate, and resolve conflicts to reach consensus around common goals. o Must possess excellent oral and written presentation skills.
• COMPUTER SKILLS o Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project Management.
• REASONING ABILITY o Demonstrated skills as a change agent, risk taker and innovative thinker in a team based environment. o Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT The working environment demands of this job are physically and environmentally centered on characteristics and abilities involved in this work. The work environment considers the risks and discomforts in the physical surroundings and the nature of the work assigned to ensure that all safety regulations and techniques required to perform the job are precautions practical to eliminate all risks.
PHYSICAL o Work is sedentary. No special physical demands required to perform this work. o Some travel required.