Human Resources Assistant (HR Assistant)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
New Castle, DE 19720
ADMINISTRATIVE / HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT -
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
The Administrative/Human Resources Assistant provides administrative support for the Water Street office, including screening and greeting visitors, answering telephone calls, and handling information requests and correspondence, exhibiting discretion and good judgment consistently and providing excellent customer service to individuals internally and externally..
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES -
1. Answer all telephone calls from the main line and direct calls to appropriate individuals or take messages
2. Greet callers and visitors in a friendly, courteous, helpful and professional manner, determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals
3. Provide administrative support to Water Street staff, as well as within the organization, including preparation of correspondence, memoranda, and other documents as assigned using word processing, spreadsheet database or presentation software
4. Set up and manage paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork, or maintaining documents, such as attendance records, correspondence, or other material
5. Operate office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, or phone systems
6. Compose, type, and distribute meeting notes, routine correspondence, or reports, such as presentations or expense, statistical, or monthly reports
7. Conduct searches to find needed information, using such sources as the Internet or existing files
8. Open, read, route, and distribute incoming mail or other materials and answer routine letters if needed
9. Arrange meetings and events as requested by the Water Street Office Manager or other staff at Water St. and provide requested support for such meetings or events
10. Maintain the confidentiality of employee personal and medical information
11. Scan, label and file personnel documents into electronic file folders on the HR drive
12. Assists with the preparation of the paperwork for the Monthly New Hire orientation
13. Assist with preparation for new hire onboarding and orientations
14. Assist with scheduling interviews, processing reference checks, employment and education verifications
15. Assist with tracking status of candidates in ADP and respond with follow up letters at the end of the recruiting process
16. Prepare new hire packets for incoming employees, students and volunteers
17. Update employee information in the HR information system (Paylocity) as needed
18. Gather personnel records from other departments or employees
19. Generate reports from HR information management system and portals as requested
20. Reset passwords in Paylocity
21. Serve as “back-up” to the Office Manager and Clinical Administrative Assistant, answering phones, sorting mail, etc. when necessary
22. Submit monthly reports to health care providers and/or directors for new hires and terminations
23. Assist with compiling the monthly Employee Newsletter
24. Maintain SmartSheets and complete special projects as assigned by the Human Resources Manager
MINIMUM OBJECTIVE QUALIFICATIONS
1. High school diploma or GED
2. Three years of office administration or clerical support experience or training
3. Medium proficiency in using Microsoft Office software suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
PREFERRED OBJECTIVE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in business administration or healthcare-related field OR four years of experience in the HR field, OR any similar combination of education and experience.
2. Successful completion of college-level courses in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field of study.
3. One year of experience in HRIS and administration of HR programs.
4. Prior experience working for a non-profit organization.
Important personal characteristics for this position include attention to detail, integrity, cooperation, concern for others, dependability, independence, self-control, initiative, leadership ability and social orientation. Travel is not required. Office hours are between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on weekdays.