Senior Sales Operations Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
New Castle, DE 19720
Senior Sales Operations Specialist
US-DE-New Castle | US
This role is responsible for the creation, development, delivery and evolution of enablement tools and programs that enhance the frontline execution of the sales processes. The role will provide leadership, direction and execution of the strategic vision of the marketing and sales processes and delivery of productivity improvements to the sales process and innovative enablement solutions. The successful candidate will lead the process in a number of critical areas to the business, such as business planning, performance tracking and excellence in sales execution, and as such, building a strong working relationship with both the central and regional teams will be critical.Typical tasks of the position include, but are not limited to
• Strategic and tactical field-based planning for sales force and managed markets teams, organization of sizing and territory alignment, incentive compensation (IC) plans, sales data management, expense management system, and aligning with compliance guidelines. This position will collaborate with various cross-functional teams to identify and address business challenges and opportunities to ensure clear communication and consistency in high quality execution and rollout of business initiatives (standardize deployment of marketing material, IC program, POA communication, reporting, etc.).
• Act a key member of the Commercial Operations Leadership team whose responsibility is to set sales strategy and align functions and optimize organizational performance
• Works across multiple functions (HR, Field Leadership, Marketing, Finance, etc..) to develop a global sales processes incorporating best practices from all geographic regions.
• Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement. Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitates a commercial organization of continuous process improvement.
• Proactively identifies opportunities for commercial process improvement across Marketing, Sales and Service to enhance customer experience
• Develops a framework and operating mechanism for partnering with the Field leadership team
• Develops and implements an overall training strategy, program and curriculum for the sales organization that increase salesforce productivity and performance, including improving the new hire training program curriculum and content designed to build a strong foundation, maximize sales effectiveness and reduce time-to-productivity by leveraging virtual and in person training and coaching. Ensure program meets the needs of all geographies and languages.
• Determines content adoption metrics, training effectiveness objectives and identify sales enablement best practices.
Leads Process Excellence, Management & Improvement Team:
- Leads complete definition, documentation, and rollout of Sales Process, marketing processes & collaboration with services processes
- Select documentation mechanism, level of detail, location to house official documents for all access
- Determines review frequency for processes, to ensure we gather input from field and review metrics
- Determines metrics to measure how its working
- Manages how processes are implemented in new CRM ++ tools
The successful candidate will have a combination of knowledge, skills, and experience that would include the following
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Technology oriented field required.
- 5+ years of successful experience in sales operations, sales and marketing or finance in a high technology service business environment
- Exceptional cross-organization collaboration and communication skills to build relationships at all levels within the organization
- Ability to manage multiple individual projects and prioritize time/activities
- Ability to develop new sales strategies, build business cases, gain internal/external support, and drive implementation
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills
- Ability to set organizational resources to best achieve success on a variety of projects while properly managing time
- Comfort and expertise presenting to C-Suite executives and collaborating with them
- Passionate and creative leader with a proven track record in leading and motivating teams
- Ability to drive change management; guide the team with confidence and empathy
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, & especially, PowerPoint
As the world’s leading supplier of thermal analysis and rheology systems, TA Instruments is a fast growing and highly profitable division of an S&P 500 company, priding itself in innovation and an uncompromising commitment to customer support. Our continued growth relies on recruiting and developing individuals that can make a positive contribution to our business. For additional information about our high technology products sold to Fortune Global 500 companies and leading academic institutions and government laboratories around the world, visit our website at www.tainstruments.com.
Headquartered in Delaware, with manufacturing sites in the US and Europe, we are represented in all of the major markets around the world with sales offices in the USA, Canada, Japan, India, China, Taiwan, South Korea, Brazil, Mexico, Australia and across Europe.
TA Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the policy of TA Instruments to recruit, hire, and retain the best-qualified workforce while meeting the Company’s commitment to affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. TA Instruments does not discriminate against any qualified candidate for employment because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, religious creed, age (40 or older), disability (reasonably accommodated by TA Instruments), medical condition, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other factor prohibited by law.