Educational Development Specialist for the Center for Teaching & Assessment Learning
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 496080
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Academic Administration, Full Time
Pay Grade: 30E
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Area of focus: Large Enrollment, High DFW, and STEM Online and Hybrid Course Design & Instruction
The Center for Teaching & Assessment of Learning (CTAL) at the University of Delaware seeks applicants for the exciting and challenging position of Educational Development Specialist. Reporting to the Associate Director of Educational Development, the Educational Development Specialist joins CTAL staff in providing high-level support to University of Delaware faculty, promoting teaching excellence and innovation, fostering student learning, and building community at UD, with a focus on large enrollment and high DFW courses as well as STEM-based in an online and hybrid learning environment . As CTAL has throughout its 45-year history, this position evolves, grows, and offers significant opportunities for personal and professional growth. CTAL staff are encouraged to take advantage of educational and training opportunities throughout the University and beyond. Work associated with this position gives the Educational Development Specialist opportunities to connect with colleagues throughout the University community and also meet and work with students, graduate students, and faculty. This will be a 3-year position with the option to extend based on performance and programming needs.
- Work closely with CTAL staff, University of Delaware faculty, staff in other units, as well as graduate instructors to support pedagogy that is inclusive, centered on best practices in online/hybrid education, and proven to be effective.
- Work directly with faculty and graduate instructors in a variety of professional learning settings including individual consultations, learning communities, formal workshops, and informal settings.
- As a member of the team, help shape a bold vision for the future of high-quality online teaching centered around asynchronous, learner-centered pedagogies and assessments by helping faculty to succeed in online learning environments.
- Ensure that the University of Delaware instructors are prepared technically and pedagogically to facilitate their students’ success in the University’s online and hybrid courses. Work as a contributing and collegial member of a team, and to communicate proactively within the team environment.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Graduate degree with a minimum of four years’ STEM experience in educational development, college or university teaching of blended/online courses, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Effective verbal, written, and digital communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintains respectful, cooperative, productive work relationships.
- Strong organizational and program management capabilities, including the ability to manage a variety of complex projects and priorities, coordinate with others, and follow projects through to completion.
- Initiative to organize, prioritize, plan, and manage own work activities according to necessary timelines and schedules.
- Tact and discretion with sensitive/confidential information.
- Knowledge of blended/online educational research, theory, and practice in faculty and graduate student professional development.
- Research and writing skills in the scholarship of university teaching and learning.
- Ability to craft actionable recommendations from data.
- Ability to operate comfortably in a wide variety of roles, whether behind the scenes, or publicly representing CTAL in a professional manner.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, WordPress, Google, LMS, and Qualtrics.
- Ability to design, create, and maintain web pages are a plus.
To apply: To be considered, qualified candidates must submit 1) a letter of intent, 2) a curriculum vita, 3) a statement of teaching philosophy and 4) contact information for three references that can attest to the candidate’s qualifications and performance. A background check will be required as a condition of employment.
Apply Here: https://www.Click2Apply.net/92jkxzqczg8vyp46