Software Engineering Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
New Castle, DE 19720
Software Engineering Manager
Research and Development
TA Instruments is searching for a Software Engineering Manager, located in the New Castle, DE office to lead a gloabal team of software developers. Reporting to the Sr. Director of R&D for TA, this role will be responsible for leading key strategic projects in support of TA R&D Roadmap – software development of existing and new instruments, developing common software platforms that can be used across all product lines, leading Informatics strategy, roadmap and solutions for Material Science market. The director will work very closely with all R&D teams across all sites as needed to initiate, manage and complete the projects per the strategy set forth by the Business Committee or R&D leader.Typical tasks of the position include, but are not limited to
Lead, manage and grow geographically distributed team of software developers.
- Design and implement a new enterprise web-based software platform.
- Create and maintain thorough architectural and design documentation for the platform.
- Create and maintain an extensible architecture that assure agile response to market needs of future features and capabilities.
- Regularly collaborate with the UX team, Product Management to ensure that the platform architecture can deliver the appropriate user experience.
- Regularly collaborate with the Product Manager to refine work items in the backlog and in sprints.
- Recommend tooling that can help with team efficiency and assure product success.
- Lead efforts to design and deploy new and existing applications into cloud (AWS / Azure) environments
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Communicate with internal stakeholders, other technical teams, and project management teams to understand requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Solution Selection – ability to drive to the selection of engineering solutions which best match the needs of the overall system.
- Seek out and provide guidance on new practices and technologies that may result in competitive advantage or improved ways of working.
- Build, train, develop and manage a team capable of delivering business critical results.
- Communicate expectations, manage performance, coach and develop organizational talent in order to enhance the employee satisfaction and overall results for TA.
The successful candidate will have a combination of knowledge, skills, and experience that would include the following
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, software engineering or another related science field (Chemistry, Math, Physics)
- At least 10+ years proven development experience in software engineering, including at least 3+ years in a people management role.
- Good understanding of architectural styles and design patterns (including working to SOLID principles and some knowledge of engineering for performance)
- Extensive programming experience in C.# and .net framework
- Experience in web technologies and frameworks (JS/TS, HTML, CSS/SCSS, Angular, Bootstrap, Node.js)
- Experience with Enterprise Software Architecture, IoT, Cloud, Security and Internationalization preferred.
- Proficient in Atlassian Toolset (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Experience in cloud environments and software monetization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to be nimble, proactive, comfortable working with minimal specifications.
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership skills including experience managing subordinate managers preferably with multiple locations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously per the objectives/goals of the organization and execute to deadlines.
For you it’s more than a job. Among other things we’re strong advocates of creating quality software, and using the latest testing methodologies to ensure we meet the expectations of our customers.
As the world’s leading supplier of thermal analysis and rheology systems, TA Instruments is a fast growing and highly profitable division of an S&P 500 company, priding itself in innovation and an uncompromising commitment to customer support. Our continued growth relies on recruiting and developing individuals that can make a positive contribution to our business. For additional information about our high technology products sold to Global Fortune 500 companies and leading academic institutions and government laboratories around the world, visit our website at www.tainstruments.com.
Headquartered in Delaware, with manufacturing sites in the US and Europe, we are represented in all of the major markets around the world with sales offices in the USA, Canada, Japan, India, China, Taiwan, South Korea, Brazil, Mexico, Australia and across Europe.
TA Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the policy of TA Instruments to recruit, hire, and retain the best-qualified workforce while meeting the Company’s commitment to affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. TA Instruments does not discriminate against any qualified candidate for employment because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, religious creed, age (40 or older), disability (reasonably accommodated by TA Instruments), medical condition, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other factor prohibited by law.