Director/Senior Director, Development Project Mana
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19803
Director/Senior Director, Development Project Management
Development Project Mgmt
Incyte Corporate Headquarters
Incyte is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel medicines to meet serious unmet medical needs in oncology and inflammation and autoimmunity. Incyte is committed to the rigorous pursuit of research and development excellence to improve the lives of patients, make a difference in health care, and build sustainable value.
The Company strives to discover and develop first-in-class and best-in-class medicines-advancing a diverse portfolio of large and small molecules.
Job Summary (Primary function)
The Director, Development Project provides program management expertise and leadership to development projects spanning from early through post marketing life cycle management.
Essential Functions of the Job (Key responsibilities)
- Lead cross-functional development teams through tactical execution of project plans.
- Guide project teams to proactively anticipate challenges and define solutions.
- Collaborate with clinical and functional group leaders to ensure critical path activities are identified and prioritized to achieve program objectives and milestones.
- Independently contribute to the development of program strategy.
- Independently contribute to defining clear go/no-go criteria for each phase of development.
- Document key team information, decisions, actions, key modifications to scope, resources, timelines and milestones and ensure project management systems are up to date (MS Project, etc.).
- Actively track leading indicators of teams progress towards reaching major milestones.
- Monitor performance vs. plan (budget and timeline).
- Coordinate program updates to Sr. Management.
- Ensure appropriate coordination of drug substance and drug product for program.
Contribute to process improvement initiatives in Project Management to accelerate development timelines and phase transitions, incorporate strategic option analysis and risk management into project strategy/plans and foster high performance teams.
Qualifications (Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience, and competency)
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or health related field required. Advanced science degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry with at least 8 years of the experience specifically in program management.
- Experience in early and late stage oncology drug development programs.
- In-depth knowledge of the drug discovery and clinical development process.
- Strong managerial and mentoring ability with a clear vision to lead team members on challenging tasks and complex issues.
- Highly motivated and able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required.
Incyte Corporation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We appreciate, celebrate, and thrive on one another’s differences and strengths and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. By valuing diversity of backgrounds and perspectives and prohibiting all forms of harassment, we are able to promote a collaborative and innovative work environment in which everybody can contribute to their fullest potential.