Dir/Sr. Director, Statistics for Scientific Commun
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19803
Dir/Sr. Director, Statistics for Scientific Communications
Global Medical Affairs
Incyte Corporate Headquarters
Incyte is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel medicines to meet serious unmet medical needs in oncology and inflammation and autoimmunity. Incyte is committed to the rigorous pursuit of research and development excellence to improve the lives of patients, make a difference in health care, and build sustainable value.
The Company strives to discover and develop first-in-class and best-in-class medicines-advancing a diverse portfolio of large and small molecules.
Job Summary (Primary function)
This Senior Director, Statistics for Scientific Communications is responsible for leadership in the post-hoc analysis of existing clinical trials data, development of new medical affairs sponsored research for interventional and non-interventional studies, and for the statistical oversight and review of planned external presentations, publications, and other medical communications. The Director provides statistical support for analyzing data from our scientific collaborators, within the framework of appropriate collaborations.
Essential Functions of the Job (Key responsibilities)
- Responsible for quality, timeliness, and reproducibility of results needed for scientific meeting abstracts, posters, presentations, and peer-reviewed publications.
- Responsible for the strategic statistical oversight and development of planned medical affairs studies.
- Produce results of the project statistician and verified according to their quality procedures for studies undertaken for future label updates or new indications.
- Liaison between Clinical statistics and Medical Affairs.
- Develop and implement all processes for quality and full reproducibility of scientific publications.
- Provide statistical input on proposals for investigator-sponsored studies, and work with MSLs and investigators on improving the proposals.
- Train MSLs on statistical topics as needed, and be available for statistical questions they may have regarding abstracts, presentations, posters, and publications.
- Build and maintain integrated databases (“Data warehouses”) for marketed drug/indications, in order to enable meta-analyses for publications, and answering safety queries that may come from the market place.
- Conduct additional statistical analyses that may be needed for dossiers and formulary.
- Supervise assigned programming resources.
- Conduct exploratory analyses for marketed drug/indications to support strategic management decisions.
- Lead development and execution of supplemental analyses of clinical trial data.
- Conduct exploratory analyses of preclinical and pharmacodynamics data, including correlations with clinical outcomes, with the purpose of publications.
Qualifications (Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience, and competency)
- Ph.D. degree in statistics or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries with extensive knowledge of biostatistics and exploratory data analysis.
- Experience leading and designing observational studies leveraging real world data
- SAS programming skills.
- Supervisory experience.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required.
Incyte Corporation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We Respect Your Privacy
Learn more at:
The Incyte hiring organization processes your personal data to manage your job application in order to enter into an employment relationship with you if you are the successful candidate.
During the process, you may be asked to respond to questions that will screen out your application if you do not meet certain objective criteria required by the job. You can learn more about this process .
You may have the right to access, delete, restrict, edit, move, or object to the use of your personal data. You may also have a right to report concerns to the authority responsible for data privacy in the country where the position is based or where you live or work.
You can learn more about Incyte’s data protection practices . By accessing this link you can learn about the types of personal data we collect, how we use it, whether collection and processing is optional, sources of the personal data we process, how it is shared, where it is stored or transferred to, how long we keep it, and contact information for Incyte, Incyte’s data protection officer, and your supervisory authority (if applicable).
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns or would like to exercise your rights.
We appreciate, celebrate, and thrive on one another’s differences and strengths and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. By valuing diversity of backgrounds and perspectives and prohibiting all forms of harassment, we are able to promote a collaborative and innovative work environment in which everybody can contribute to their fullest potential.