Research Investigator, Chemistry
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19803
Research Investigator, Chemistry
Incyte Corporate Headquarters
Incyte is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel medicines to meet serious unmet medical needs in oncology and inflammation and autoimmunity. Incyte is committed to the rigorous pursuit of research and development excellence to improve the lives of patients, make a difference in health care, and build sustainable value.
The Company strives to discover and develop first-in-class and best-in-class medicines-advancing a diverse portfolio of large and small molecules.
Our Discovery Chemistry group is looking for a Research Investigator, Chemistry This position designs and synthesizes novel compounds that meet nomination criteria.
Essential Functions of the Job (Key responsibilities)
- Application of medicinal Application of medicinal chemistry principles, good understanding of structure-activity relationships and ADME data to make significant contributions to the success of discovery programs.
- Demonstrate the ability to formulate hypothesis based on experimental SAR data, proposes strategies and designs novel molecular targets to solve key medicinal chemistry issues related to potency, selectivity and ADME properties.
- Understand basic patent law and provides suitable data for patent applications (including a well-documented laboratory notebook).
- Present research results clearly to the department and other disciplines.
- Independently designs/conducts organic chemistry experiments to develop and optimize the synthesis of novel compounds.
Qualifications (Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience, and competency)
- Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry.
- 0-2 years postdoc or equivalent experience.
- Life-long learner: leverages extensive use of the literature to increase knowledge base in all aspects of medicinal and organic chemistry.
- Follows the safety rules and maintains a safe working environment.
- Team player: able to work with others in their group, department and company towards the common goal of inventing novel medicines and positively influences the culture of the group.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required.
Incyte Corporation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We appreciate, celebrate, and thrive on one another’s differences and strengths and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. By valuing diversity of backgrounds and perspectives and prohibiting all forms of harassment, we are able to promote a collaborative and innovative work environment in which everybody can contribute to their fullest potential.