Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Laurel, DE 19956
Communications Construction Group, LLC (CCG) is a leading provider of construction and maintenance services to the telecommunications industry. CCG can handle all phases of fiber and coaxial construction. From the initial planning and design through construction of the distribution plant, installations, proof-performance testing, and on-going maintenance. For almost 40 years, we’ve been building a reputation for quality, service and safety.
Primary responsibilities include ability to splice/test/repair cables/wires in both indoor and outdoor settings, read, create and maintain splicing diagrams, maintain activities surrounding the assigned work site(s), and taking splicing field notes.
• Performs tasks associated with the electronic upgrade and splicing of cable
• Test, activate, and troubleshoot equipment after installation
• Basic daily maintenance of provided vehicle: check fluids, clean and organize vehicle
• Self-supervise all operations to ensure that all splicing operations are completed in accordance with customer and industry specifications.
• Safely operate and use bucket truck to complete daily construction assignments as needed (potentially climb poles)
• Field train and control/oversee the work of other Splicers when necessary.
• Complete daily production reports, mark-up maps, keep track of work hours, complete “as-built maps” for areas built and track daily production
• Reconcile all issued parts and materials on a daily basis to ensure accurate material usage counts.
• Frequently work independently
• Other splicing related duties as assigned.