Visual Merchandiser Associate I
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Laurel, DE 19956
The visual merchandising team contributes to the advertising, marketing, and sales efforts of a retail location by designing, developing and taking charge of the visual look of the store and its merchandise. As a member of the in-store merchandising team, you will be executing merchandising strategies by creating and maintaining visual displays in the store on the sales floor. You will also contribute to the profitability of the store with your merchandise handling, replenishment, and inventory control efforts.
The scope of your duties and responsibilities will include visual display, and inventory management. The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Design visual displays independently or executing the design decisions of another.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining a compelling presentation of merchandise that will encourage customers and help stimulate sales activity.
• Serve as store’s brand gatekeeper, ensuring that the image and style of the company is projected at all times.
• Be proactive with inventory management functions.
• Facilitate stock transfers and ticketing.
• Assist with shipping and receiving process.
• Ensure merchandise is customer ready before it is placed on the sales floor.
• Communicate effectively in reading, writing, and speaking the English language.
• Must be able to sit, stand, and/or walk for long periods of time and maneuver effectively around store and store property.
• Must be able to push, lift, and carry weights 20 to 50 pounds.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.