Vice President, Data Science
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19893
AAA Club Alliance (ACA) is the third-largest AAA club in North America, representing over six million members in 13 states and Washington, DC. AAA Club Alliance is the result of AAA Mid-Atlantic, AAA Allied Group, and AAA Oklahoma / South Dakota joining together. For over 100 years, it has provided diversified offerings, including membership, car repair, travel, insurance, and financial services.
AAA Club Alliance belongs to the national AAA federation, with over 60 million members in the United States and Canada. Its mission includes protecting and advancing freedom of mobility and improving traffic safety.
AAA is seeking a strategic leader to build and lead our newly created Data Science division. This position can work in our Wilmington, DE Headquarters, or Cincinnati, OH office and reports to the Regional President. The Vice President Data Science is responsible for the creation of new data sciences capabilities for the business. Ideal candidates can envision and execute strategies that will influence and improve the business’s performance by enabling informed decision making. This role evaluates and develops our organization’s big data science capabilities and utilization, as well as supporting cross-functional analytic initiatives. The Vice President Data Science designs and launches innovative and complex analytic models by utilizing a blend of contemporary and traditional data mining techniques. As the department head, you will proactively work with executives from the line of business, marketing, finance, IT, and various departmental leaders who pride themselves on our shared values, and where collaboration and openness are highly valued. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of leading high-performing internal and external data analyst teams through the successful performance of advanced quantitative analyses and statistical modeling that positively impact business performance.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- This role is responsible for leading and defining how the business creates additional value by applying data science skills to data asset
- You will work to identify and monitor business risks and realize the organization’s data needs.
- Analyze customer data sets and signals for delivering practical data science-driven insights.
- Manage the business’s external data and analytics partners and play a leading role in the development and design of the departmental vision, capabilities, infrastructure, and quarterly/annual roadmap for the launch of data sciences capabilities.
- Lead, coach, hire and mentor highly energetic and skilled data scientists. Build the business’s data science talent needs through role definition, recruitment, and development of a team of data scientists that will jointly move the business’s agenda forward.
- Scopes, designs, and creates machine-learning models to support the business’s numerous initiatives and programs to achieve overall objectives and targets.
- Optimizes algorithms that are fundamental to the business’s products/services identifying better matches that will ultimately improve the consumer experiences.
- Identifies and sources, in partnership with IT, third party data providing actionable insights in pursuit of company business objectives.
- Works collaboratively with the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), Chief Financial Officer (CFO), and Chief Information Officer (CIO), and serves as a trusted advisor to executive leadership in the creation and deployment of useful insights that inform and activate business strategies across the business.
- Track the business’s performance against data analysis model and monitor trends in key business KPIs, including operational, customer experience, and financial metrics. As a result, this will provide valuable insights to relevant departments for overall business performance improvement.
- Share data science knowledge and expertise across functional departments within the company.
- Maintains a deep understanding of the business’s marketplace dynamics.
- Takes the initiative and conducts exploratory data analyses and experimental designs, which will help the business to understand trends and behavior within these markets better and settle on the most suitable strategies to drive success and achievements of goals and targets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or any other related quantitative field.
- Master’s or PhD highly preferred
- Relevant working experience in similar fields is also acceptable for the position (10-15 years required).
- Leads in support of our shared values: Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, and Quality.
- Broad strategic thinking ability. Prior experience in a strategic role highly preferred.
- Proven experience leading and developing a team of professionals to accomplish strategic and operational goals.
- Strong business acumen supporting the need for ongoing budgeting, planning, analysis, threat assessment, prioritization, and decision-making.
- A team player with excellent collaboration skills, a self-motivated, energetic, and creative independent thinker.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to distill complex topics into clear, concise, and compelling messages.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong knowledge in data science programming languages such as Python, R, SAS, and SQL.
- Experience working with big data environments using technologies such as Spark, Flink, NoSQL DB structures, and experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) based analytic solutions like BigQuery, and Datalab a plus.
- Experience with the workings of motion-tracking data and time-series analyses.
- Strong experience in evaluating and using appropriate data science algorithms, such as clustering, dynamic ranking, principal components, factor analysis, linear, nonlinear and logistic regression, decision trees, random forests, deviation detection, outlier detection, support vector machines, neural networks, and other machine learning techniques.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies, frameworks, and trends in AI and machine learning.
- Familiarity with data pipeline architectures, software, and product scaling for real-time and batch analytical processing.
If you have the qualities and skills described, apply today to become a part of our growing team!
To learn more about our company and the position, please visitOur Company Website, AAAClubAlliance.jobs.
To see what it is like to work at AAA Club Alliance, check out ourDay In The Life Videos on the Company Website**.**
At AAA Club Alliance, we’ve been driven for more than 100 years to provide our members with superior roadside assistance, personal service, and peace of mind. This same commitment to a life well-lived has earned AAA Club Alliance the reputation as a great place to work. Our people tell us it’s the company’s positive work/life balance, the dynamic team environment, excellent benefits, and strong customer focus that keep them happy; their ideas are respected and valued. And, perhaps most important of all, they get to make a difference every day.
AAA Club Alliance Inc. is committed to provide a safe and professional work environment. EOE/M/F/D/V
This Organization participates in E-Verify:
E-Verify Participation Poster
E-Verify Right to Work
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
The Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
The Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Applicants have rights under State and Local Employment Laws:
Arizona Law Prohibits Discrimination in Employment
Discrimination and Harassment in Employment are prohibited by Law