Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Claymont, DE 19703
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, it is the policy and employment practice of the Wagman that there will be no discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability in the recruiting of applicants for employment or in the hiring of employees. Wagman’s policy of nondiscrimination applies to all work-related actions; including but not limited to employment, promotion, transfer, discharge, training, or retraining under programs to which the company subscribes; recruitment or recruitment advertising. Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified disabled persons according to existing state and federal law. Requests by qualified disabled persons for reasonable accommodation are encouraged by the company. All employees are requested to encourage women, persons of minority races and disabled persons to apply for employment with the company.
Employment Type Full Time Salaried
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related degree
Position requires 1-3 years’ experience construction, including experience scheduling and coordinating subcontractors. Prefer experience in all aspects of construction including concrete work, etc.
Blueprint/plan reading and interpretative skills; math skills
Less than 10%
Wagman is a fourth generation, family owned general contracting business serving the Mid-Atlantic and Southern Regions out of offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. Wagman Heavy Civil’s core competencies include: design-build, bridges, structures, marine, modified concrete and geotechnical services.
We are currently looking for a Construction Engineer to join our Heavy Civil team in Claymont, DE.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
• Helps to coordinate with suppliers, subcontractors and superintendents to ensure that the project is built per plan
• Coordinate with design engineers, utilities and permitting agencies
• Work with project engineer to develop work plans for the project to be completed safely and on time and implement the plans in the field
• CPM input and updates
• Responsible for building 3-week schedules, Onbase invoice coding, review timecards and enter time in Heavy Job
• Order materials / tools required for the job, track quantities, run production reports and review with field crews
• Will review and approve shop drawings, draft RFIs and assist with submittals
• Provides technical information to company supervisor and contractors to ensure work complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications and design instructions
• Reviews, analyzes and resolves field construction problems, discrepancies or interference with contractors
• Provides interpretation of plans, detail sheets, and specifications for contractors or craft supervision
Wagman is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/kr8f5y748v9v7t2h