Journeyman Electrician/Sr. Maintenance Mechanic
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Millsboro, DE 19966
Journeyman Electrician / Sr. Maintenance Mechanic
Opportunity Available Immediately
Location: Millsboro, Delaware (or nearby M&T locations in emergency)
Hours: 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
The Maintenance Mechanic will be responsible for performing repair and maintenance work on the physical plant in the Millsboro Operations Center and its co-located Data Center to provide a safe, efficient workplace and banking environment for our customers, employees and tenants.
· Electrical – Maintain and repair circuits, wiring and electrical signs; replace switches, receptacles, ballasts, circuit breakers, motors, fans and lights.
· Plumbing – Maintain and repair plumbing fixtures, lavatories, faucets, sinks, water heaters, supply and drain lines, irrigation and sprinkler systems.
· Carpentry – Maintain and repair walls, interior/exterior trim, ceilings, doors, floors, fences and gates. Repair minor roof leaks and glaze windows.
· HVAC – Inspect and replace filters/belts as necessary, condensate drip pans kept clean and operational, maintain proper water levels in boilers, blowdown boilers and pneumatic compressors, maintain thermostats, time clock settings and energy management systems.
· General work Perform common painting, concrete repairs, clean parking lots, landscapes, storm drains, repair potholes, trim grass/shrubs, shovel snow and salt walkways and inspect fire extinguishers.
· Assist in snow removal when required.
· Escort and oversee vendors working in the building, particularly in the Data Center. Ensure they perform their assigned tasks and follow all building rules and regulations.
· Provide day-to-day coordination and oversight of the janitorial services and various outside contracted services to ensure all standards are met.
· Act as backup for branch route mechanics when assigned
+ Any other duties as may be assigned
+ High school diploma or equivalent (GED) or relevant vocational trade school and a minimum of 9 years’ electrical, plumbing, carpentry and HVAC maintenance and repair experience
+ Delaware Journeyman License required / Possession of specific licenses and certifications as required by locality
+ · Strong plumbing, electrical and mechanical background.· Knowledge of other building trades including fire systems and carpentry.· Knowledge of power tools and test equipment.· Ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings.· Working knowledge of all Delaware building codes and regulations.· Ability to lift a minimum of 75 lbs. and to be physically active throughout a work shift. Ability to use all site ladders and lifts.· Competent in use of computers, email and other technology systems in order to execute and manage assigned tasks.· Valid driver’s license.· Availability to respond to off-hours emergencies when needed.· Strong oral and written communication skills.· Commitment to customer service and ability to interact productively with building occupants and peers.· Ability to manage, prioritize and execute multiple concurrent projects and initiatives.· Self-motivation; ability to take responsibility and work alone.
· Five years’ experience in corporate or commercial property management.
· Experience working in a Data Center or similar complex building type.
· Delaware journeyman or master electrician license.
· A thorough understanding of generators, medium voltage switchgear and substations, fire alarm systems, etc. in order to respond effectively to electrical shutdowns or other faults. Familiar with Building Automation Systems.
· Ability to respond in cases of mechanical failure. Will interact with our HVAC vendor to diagnose faults and maintain close follow-up on repairs.
· Other requirements are strong interpersonal skills to interact with occupants when the supervisor is not on site and the potential to be a candidate for future advancement in our department.
+ Ability to lift a minimum of 75 lbs. and to be physically active throughout a work shift.
Millsboro, Delaware, United States of America
At M&T Bank, we understand what’s important when you’re considering a career. M&T strives to be the best company our employees ever work for, the best bank our customers ever do business with, and the best investment our shareholders ever make.
The key features of our culture are our:
+ Heritage of strength and stability
+ Exceptional and long-tenured employees
+ Focus on long-term client relationships
+ Commitment to the communities we serve
+ Commitment to our shareholders
When applying for a job at M&T Bank, candidates are required to complete a candidate profile.
If you are unable to apply for career opportunities through use of this site due to an impairment or disability, please contact us at email@example.com for further assistance.
M&T Bank Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, including disabilities and veterans.
M&T Bank Corporation does not sponsor individuals for the purpose of obtaining H-1 Visas.
M&T Bank Corporation has policies and procedures in place to promote a drug free workplace.