Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19893
Tax Managers serve clients by
· Proactively researching existing and proposed tax law to determine impact on clients? financial position; present finding / recommendations to clients as appropriate
· Experience and understanding of flow through taxation, Partnership and S Corp.
· Reviewing work papers prepared by staff; recommend changes, additional documentation, research, and calculations as necessary to comply with applicable tax law and Firm policy
· Participating in business development activities to increase client base; attend networking events and industry meetings and partake in thought leadership and speaking engagements
· Leading client relationships on day to day tax matters supporting partners with service execution and development of extended services.
· Planning and participating in tax projects and compliance on various clients including law firms, engineering firms, medical and other types of professional service businesses
· Communicating with business owners as well as the internal accounting and tax departments of business clients to ensure delivery of exceptional client service
· Recommending tax strategies and solutions by being a thought leader understanding client?s business requirements and current market conditions
· Interacting directly with Partners on matters related to client and engagement management
· Assisting with business development activities by expanding existing client relationships and proposal participation and new business prospect sales appointments
· Managing, supervising, training and leading the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance and work efforts; participate in performance appraisal process
· Managing engagements and projects in order to achieve specific revenue and profit objectives through the management of the client’s budget, invoicing for time incurred and collecting fees billed
· Assisting with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm’s Employee Referral Bonus Program
· Demonstrating excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards
· Confidentiality of Firm and client information is critical.
· Minimum of eight (8) years of public accounting experience
· Degree in Accounting or related field required
· Masters in Taxation, JD or other applicable advanced degree preferred
· Active CPA license required
· Experience reviewing corporate returns, flow through entities, multi-state, partnerships and individual tax returns
· Strong technical proficiency
· Willing to travel locally (DC/MD/VA); limited travel involved
· Excellent analytical, technical and tax accounting skills with proficiency in US GAAP, S Corporations, C Corporations and Pass through experience
· Experience in preparation and review of Corporate, S-Corp. and/or Partnership tax returns is required
· The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries
· Capable of effectively developing and maintaining client relationships
· Excellent written/verbal communications and collaboration skills
· Ability to compose written tax advice
· Strong leadership and business development skills and integrity within a professional environment
· Ability to manage multiple engagements in a fast paced environment
· Computer software experience, including knowledge of various tax software packages and technologies, is expected.
· Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites as required, is expected.