Electrical Engineer - Subject Matter Expert
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19893
Chemours is seeking a(n) Electrical Engineering Senior Consultant to join our growing Engineering Technology team! This full-time position will report directly to the Senior Engineering Manager at our Wilmington, DE location. The position is located within the United States at or near Chemours headquarters in Wilmington, DE or manufacturing locations in the mid-Ohio Valley, Tennessee Valley, Carolinas or Gulf Coast regions.
The successful candidate will provide leveraged consulting services to Chemours global chemical businesses through technical support of plant operations and new capital projects in electrical and power engineering and related technologies.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide consulting support as a member the leveraged Engineering Technology group to Chemours manufacturing sites concerning electrical systems and associated plant performance issues, improvements, incident investigation, commissioning, and startup
- Act as a critical technical resource to plant personnel for electrical distribution installation and maintenance
- Support project engineering and business teams specifying, designing and commissioning industrial electrical systems
- Develop and deliver onsite and webinar training on topics of interest to electrical, manufacturing and engineering groups
- Required travel: Approx. 20 – 40%, mostly domestic
The following is /required/ for this role:
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering
- 8-10 years of relevant work experience OR Military Equivalent Experience
- Familiarity with NFPA 70 and 70E
- Experience in modeling, analyzing, troubleshooting, and improving electrical systems to maximize equipment protection/reliability and reduce arc-flash hazard
- Electrical equipment expertise for a full spectrum of devices in multiple voltage classes from 480V up through 24kV including switchgear, cables, transformers, relays, meters, breakers, switches, fuses, lightning arrestors, motors, adjustable speed drives, etc.
- Familiarity with solid, low resistance and high resistance grounding of power systems
The following is /preferred/ for this role:
- Experience with power/energy monitoring applications
- Capability to utilize test equipment such as a relay test set, Hi-Pot, Doble, TTR, DLRO, Megger
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations regarding electrical systems.
- Experience with modeling systems (SKM – Power Tool for Windows®)
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
- Company-paid Volunteer Days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves-at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are-Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a /“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”/ for 2019-2020-our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer/
/Chemours is an E-Verify employer/
/Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation/
/Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position/