Senior Energy Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19893
Chemours is seeking a Senior Energy Engineer to join our growing Technology team! This position will report directly to the Senior Engineering Manager at our Wilmington, DE location, however requests for remote working arrangements will be considered.
Provides engineering expertise in applying the theory of thermodynamic and/or HVAC sciences to industrial energy and utility systems for manufacturing facilities and businesses. Assignments are typically to either capital project team or asset effectiveness/consulting roles, and may involve supervisory or leadership responsibilities. Mentors and trains less experienced engineers and site personnel. May be an energy technology subject matter expert. Identifies opportunities to leverage energy-related solutions across businesses. Works extensively with operations technical personnel, project and business leaders, and other engineering technology consultants to ensure business needs are met.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Developing complete industrial screw and centrifugal refrigeration consulting solutions including:
o Discussing performance issues with operations employees
o Analyzing the performance of industrial refrigeration machines
o Identifying specific out of limits KPIs
o Identifying the underlying root causes for failures, guiding corrective actions, and analyzing repaired machines
o Confirming design performance
o Developing operating and/or maintenance strategies to avoid repeating issues
- Providing direct support to project engineering teams through specification and design of industrial refrigeration systems during the design phase
- Supporting commissioning and installation by helping to troubleshoot startup issues, reviewing performance versus design, and providing an evaluation-based acceptance of performance
- Providing support to corporate functions including our Refrigerant Product Stewardship Team, Corporate Responsibility Climate Goal Teams, and Refrigeration Best Practice Network
- Providing turnaround support
- Developing and delivering webinar and in-person training on topics of interest to internal client groups
The following is /required/ for this role:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience OR Military Equivalent Experience
- Accredited degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering (BS, MS, or PhD)
- Experience in the design and specification of new equipment as well as commissioning, start-up and operation of steam, refrigeration and site utility systems.
- Expertise in troubleshooting and improving industrial chiller and low temperature (< 0 deg C) process refrigeration systems
- Proficiency in modeling and analysis of energy and utility systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to put internal clients at ease and communicate and work well with teams and individuals across all levels in the organization
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to independently identify improvement opportunities and achieve results
- Flexibility to quickly respond to changing regulatory and competitive needs
- A valid passport and ability to sustain a typical travel rate of 35% with occasional periods approaching 60%
The following is /preferred/ for this role:
- Expertise in fired equipment and combustion controls
- Experience with industrial plant utility systems and energy conservation practices for:
o steam generation and condensate systems
o plant compressed gas systems
o various water supply, chilling and cooling tower systems
o thermal oxidizers, heaters & flares
- Experience with HVAC systems within production support facilities (electrical control rooms, instrument equipment rooms, laboratories, analyzer houses, safe havens, etc.)
- Experience supporting project FEL II/III and production design
- Familiarity with EPA regulations regarding industrial emissions and reduction technologies, monitoring and testing protocols, refrigerants, etc.
- Experience with standard modeling packages (MS Excel, AFT Arrow / Fathom, Aspen Plus, etc.)
- Experience in industrial water treatment for boiler and cooling tower systems
- Ability to conduct field audits, alternatives analysis and project economic evaluations
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Strong Inclusion & Diversity initiatives
- Company-paid volunteer days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY
We are on a journey to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
We’ve completed our transformation and now we’re earning our way to growth by advancing higher value chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications.
The “ours” in Chemours is for all of us who work here. We’re working together to improve people’s lives the world over.
Our culture is built upon our values: Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Unshakable Integrity, Safety Obsession, and Collective Entrepreneurship.
We’re honored to be named a “Great Place to Work-Certified Company” for 2018-2019 and a “2018 Top Workplace” by Delaware News Journal.
WHAT SETS US APART
Chemours has the heart and energy of a startup, while being built upon a 200-year old legacy and a world class product portfolio. A startup with a head start. This mentality drives both our strategy and employees.
We believe a thriving workforce culture is essential to our success. We’re earning our way to growth by unleashing the power of our talented, experienced, and passionate employees.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer/
/Chemours is an E-Verify employer/
/Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation/
/Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position/