Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19725
The Bartender is responsible for providing excellent guest service by mixing and serving beverages at the bar and in the restaurant. The bartender impacts the restaurant by delighting guests, supporting team members, creating great beverages, and ensuring alcohol compliance and revenue growth.
- Ensures guests are delighted thus inspiring loyalty and repeat business.
- Uses up-selling techniques with every guest to enhance experience.
- Builds positive, professional relationships with guests.
- Brings unruly guest behavior to the attention of the manager.
- Promotes excellence, cooperation and teamwork within the company.
- Supports and assists team members.
- Sets-up, maintains and operates the bar.
- Adheres to standardized recipes and department rules and procedures.
- Prepares garnishes to ensure freshness and quality.
- Takes drink and food orders and accurately inputs into register system.
- Ensures the correct drinks and food ordered are delivered to the table/guest.
- Collects payment and makes correct change.
- Follows opening, closing and cleaning checklists on a daily basis.
- Maintains displays of liquor and glasses on a daily basis.
- Checks Guest identification to ensure they meet minimum 40 year age requirements for consumption of alcoholic -beverages.
- Unloads trucks, pallets, and cases of food and beverage and puts in assigned locations.
For Eggspectation – Will be required to understand operations of cappuccino machine, blenders and juicers as well as full recipe adherence to all menu items.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
- Guest service mentality; has a genuine desire to serve the customer.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Self starter who is energetic and flexible.
- Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations
- Prioritizes responsibilities and achieves results through multi tasking
- Forms strong working relationships within team.
- Identifies additional tasks to be completed and willingly assists others.
- Follows direction with focused attention.
- Basic knowledge of beer, wine and spirits and standard drink recipes required.
- Must possess alcohol dispensing certification – ABC Certified
- Minimum of 1 year of in a bartender position within the restaurant business required.
- Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for periods of up to 4 hours in length.