Pharmacy Purchacing Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19893
We are looking for an experienced Pharmacy Buyer to join our team!
The Pharmacy Buyer is responsible for purchasing, inventory control, and monitoring turn rates of all medications and infusion products, and assisting the Pharmacists when needed. The buyer also distributes medications and prepares stock charges for the ancillary departments and satellites.
- Facilitates purchasing of pharmaceuticals and departmental supplies.
- Create daily order for wholesaler, check print back for shortages and resolve and maintain proper audit trail.
- Places orders for all stock and non-stock items as directed by the Director of Pharmacy or designee by identifying, negotiating and on-going acquisition of products.
- Products may include pharmaceuticals and medical supplies and other assignments as directed. Purchase under contracts from CHE, HPG and individual agreements.
- Maintain high level (>95%) contract compliance, unless otherwise directed.
- Ensures maximum possible a savings by identifying products that appear to have the greatest potential savings through contract compliance, standardization of material purchases and the distribution process by monitoring and identifying repetitive non-standard purchases, identifying appropriate contracts and specifications for the selection of products and suppliers to maximize usage and compliance with existing contracts and standards.
- Facilitate wholesaler or manufacturer drop ship or emergency delivery of medications when required to meet emergency needs.
- A minimum of one year experience in hospital pharmacy practice.
- High School Diploma
- Knowledge of purchasing, inventory control processes
- Knowledge of 340B purchasing requirements highly preferred
- Computer skills such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong mathematical skills
- Medical terminology
Job Number: 00197507
Location: Wilmington, DE
Organization Name: Saint Francis Healthcare
Facility: SFDE – St. Francis Healthcare Service
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift