Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dover, DE 19901
The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including the disabled and veterans.
Whiting-Turner Entry-Level Engineers are team members who help manage all aspects of construction projects. Reporting to a Project Manager and/or a Superintendent, the Entry-Level Engineer’s major duties include:
• Coordinating work with project owner representatives, architects, engineers, inspectors, and site subcontractors and/or directing the work of all trades assigned to a construction work site.
• Managing estimating and bidding processes and tracking costs to manage project budget.
• Resolving and clarifying design issues.
• Identifying and resolving field issues and change orders.
• Writes contracts and purchase orders using company boilerplate language to document all ordered work, schedules, projected costs, change orders and technical specifications.
• Participating in meetings to coordinate work and manage labor concerns.
• Ensuring work is completed in accordance with quality standards and contract specifications.
• Implementing project schedules including each task associated with project completion.
• Documenting the technical, financial and personnel aspects of each project.
• Reviewing project drawings, specifications, submittals and change orders.
• Reviewing each trade’s work progress with respect to each project phase.
• Providing field support to construction superintendents to help ensure contract compliance, quality control and maintenance of the site.
• Tracking project phase completion against milestones.
• Setting expectations for managing a safe work site.
• Documenting each phase of the project.
Whiting-Turner will train qualified candidates to develop:
• General knowledge of safety regulations, ANSI standards, local and state building codes, environmental codes, availability of industry-specific codes and guidelines. -
• General knowledge of general construction processes, practices and work sites.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Suretrak, Primavera (or other scheduling software.)
Basic qualifications for Entry-Level Engineer candidates include:
• Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline, Engineering Technology or Construction Management, Construction Technology.
• Knowledge of engineering principles.
• Knowledge of basic business principles sufficient to project and monitor expenses.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel.
• Ability to read and understand technical specifications, blueprints, technical manuals, product/material installation instructions and engineering/architectural drawings.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Experience with construction projects, mechanical/electrical systems, building materials, building mechanics or working with craft workers.
Nationwide, United States
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/9h44spgbsyqbnd2t