Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
New Castle, DE 19720
New Castle County Department of Community Services has openings for recurring part-time positions. These positions are scheduled for no more than 25 hours per week on a year-round basis. Applicants must be 18 years of age with one to three years of relevant work experience preferred and must possess a high school diploma or GED; and a valid Delaware Class D driver’s license or its equivalent if required of the duties of the position. Selected candidates must pass a background check and drug screen prior to their start date.
(CSW II, $10.60-$11.60/hr.)
• Works the circulation desk charging out and checking in all library materials;
• Searches and retrieves reserved materials and inter-library loans;
• Inputs preliminary information for borrower registration;
• Maintains confidentiality of borrower records;
• Explains borrowing procedures to customers;
• Prepare materials for circulation in accordance with defined procedures.
• Receives shipments of new materials;
• Performs physical processing and data base processing as needed;
• Processes library materials in all formats;
• Checks, processes, copies and files invoices;
• Searches library catalog using the automated system and adds items;
• Keeps records and adds monthly processing statistics to a spreadsheet;
• Moves, packs and unpacks boxes;
• Sorts and distributes interoffice mail;
• Keeps work area organized;
• Assists in training new workers.
• Requires work on a computer.