Communications Assistant, School of Nursing
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 494758
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Communications & Public Relations, Health Services, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 27N
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
The Delaware Medical Reserve Corps (DMRC) is sponsored by the Delaware Health and Social Services, Division of Public Health (http://dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/dph/index.html), Emergency Medical Services and Preparedness Section (http://www.dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/dph/php/emsps.html), which has contracted with the University of Delaware School of Nursing (http://www.udel.edu/nursing/) to coordinate Delaware’s three county units (New Castle, Kent, and Sussex Counties), Delaware’s Self-Management Program (https://www.healthydelaware.org/Individuals/Self-Management-Programs), and Delaware’s Behavioral and Emotional Support Team (DE BEST) (https://sites.udel.edu/delawaremrc/de-best/).
This non-exempt position is grant funded and located within the University of Delaware’s School of Nursing. Under the limited supervision of the Project Liaison, National Child Study, the Communications Assistant performs a variety of administrative and communications duties for DMRC. The Communications Assistant coordinates, oversees, and maintains administrative functions relating to DMRC projects, develops and maintains associated websites, creates announcements and printed materials, and supports internal and external communications for the DMRC.
This position collaborates with the UD College of Health Sciences Communications and Marketing team to ensure that communications are appropriately optimized and consistent with University brand standards.
• Assists and supports internal and external communications of the DMRC.
• Coordinates announcements, advertisements and calendar postings for DMRC events.
• Updates and maintains DMRC webpages and social media accounts.
• Designs and manages email campaigns.
• Creates promotional flyers, newsletters and materials to help communicate DMRC projects to internal and external audiences.
• Contributes to DMRC publications and newsletters.
• Creates brand awareness by ensuring consistent presentation of DMRC images through digital, print, and social media.
• Monitors, coordinates and orders office and promotional supplies.
• Maintains online schedules.
• Executes inter- and intra- program communications using email, text, phone and SERVDE (Volunteer management data base).
• Updates SERVDE with volunteer and Lay Leader contact information and trainings.
• Assists with coordination and logistics of trainings, workshops, meetings, bi-annual appreciation meetings, special events, and community outreach.
• Completes and submits quarterly advisory board minutes.
• Assists with coordination of volunteers and community outreach participation, among other daily program communications and administration duties as they arise.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED, and three years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficiency working knowledge of MS Office suite (word processing, spreadsheet and database skills).
• Knowledge of web design and experience using WordPress.
• Experience with the Adobe Suite.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Effective organizational skills, the ability to evaluate and prioritize assignments and the ability to analyze and solve problems.
• Ability to use independent thought, judgment, discretion, and self-motivation.
• Ability to work effectively on a team.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
• Ability to communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/wpp7wc35jyhk3k9c