Project Manager - Join leading Delaware based GC
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19893
Project Manager – Join leading Delaware based GC Project Manager – Join leading Delaware based GC – Skills Required – Project Manager, Type V, Multifamily, Type III, Garden
Weve set the bar for our industry in Delaware and are aggressively seeking growth in the Mid-Atlantic area. Our company and talented employees are held in high regard in our industry and community, and have a relentless commitment to customer loyalty. We’re extremely proud of its reputation in Delaware and the surrounding areas of Maryland, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey, as well as the construction industry in general. Our key strength is providing comprehensive construction project solutions from the pre-design phase of a project through construction and facility occupancy. We are actively hiring an experienced multifamily Project Manager for our projects in the Mid-Atlantic area.
What You Will Be Doing
Currently seeking a PROJECT MANAGER to plan, direct and coordinate all activities within project(s) from inception through to conclusion and turnover. This includes working closely with all internal and external project team members to make decisions and recommendations to affect the quality, profitability and optimal outcome of the project(s). The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring the goals and objectives of the project(s) are met within the established budget and schedule. Additional responsibilities include, developing business opportunities and repeat business opportunities with clients, and supervising subordinate Project Managers when assigned.
Responsibilities of the Project Manager – Multifamily Construction
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Work with Lead Project Manager, Operations Manager and Superintendent to establish a complete and comprehensive project team in all aspects of projects construction.
2. Participate in proposals for potential projects.
3. Initiate and maintain liaison with client and design team to facilitate construction activities.
4. Direct and coordinate activities of project team members to ensure project schedule and budget.
5. Create, maintain and utilize the CPM schedule as required by the project. Coordinate with contractors to forecast project completion, prioritize the critical
path and begin with the end in mind.
6. Assist in our COMPASS process as directed.
7. Assist Operations Manager or Senior Project Manager during pre-construction phase as directed. Assist and coordinate with the Estimating Department during development of the various stages of design estimates and value engineering.
8. Lead PlanCheck process by analyzing project documents during the design phase and performing constructability reviews of design documents. Coordinate and schedule review meetings with the Design Team, Superintendent, and QA/QC Representative.
9. Create project scopes and bid tabulation sheets. Lead the bidding process, including developing front-end specifications, scheduling and running the prebid meetings, receiving RFIs, and developing and distributing addenda.
10. Assume responsibility once Operations Manager has submitted/turned over preconstruction for financial aspects of the project, including fees, General
Condition items and reimbursable labor to protect companys interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with client.
11. Regularly monitor project costs and communicate cost projections.
12. Lead project meetings and ensure meeting agendas and meeting minutes are delivered in a prompt and accurate fashion.
13. Assist in conducting regular executive level meetings. Manage client issues or concerns at the jobsite and handle communication with client representative. Develop detailed agendas and tracking logs to clearly demonstrate the status of
the project to the Owner and board members.
14. Assist in the development of the Owners GMP contract and creation of subcontracts, including scope reviews and the post-bid value engineering
15. Keep company management informed of all critical project related issues. Offer feedback to improve performance.
16. Ensure all state and local regulatory and inspection agency activities are scheduled as needed.
17. Create and effectively maintain submittal register and process submittals, using BuildingBlok if applicable.
18. Review contractor change orders for scope, costs, labor rates and schedule impacts. Coordinate with Estimating Department, as needed. Process all CORs within an appropriate time frame to not delay the project.
19. Work with field personnel to lead Pre-Install Process by collecting and addressing relevant submittals, safety concerns, scheduling related issues and
contractor coordination, and preparing meeting minutes in a prompt and accurate fashion.
20. Require contractors to provide quality construction work consistent with plans and specifications.
21. Thoroughly closeout a project by establishing project completion list and leading punchlist process and internal archiving of project.
22. Oversee closeout of owner contract and acceptance of project.
23. Maintain and complete all assigned project documentation ensuring documentation is thorough, up to date and accurate.
24. Submit appropriate reports, timely, clearly and accurately.
25. Respond to communications and inquiries in a timely, professional fashion.
26. Develop and maintain positive relationships with client, contractors and design team to facilitate construction activities and provide opportunities for future projects.
27. Effectively manage subordinate team members activities, providing regular feedback, developing their skills and encouraging growth.
28. Visit assigned projects on a routine basis. Ability to travel and report to projects/office locations as required.
Qualifications/Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
" Experience with industry specific software and technology (e.g., BIM, Microsoft
Project, project specific software such as Ibidpro, Prolog, etc.)
" Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
" Proficient with software to view, create, manipulate PDFs (e.g., Adobe Acrobat,
" Proficient in reading and interpreting documents such as construction plans,
safety rules and procedure manuals
" Ability to read and comprehend contracts
" Demonstrate extreme accuracy and organization of the entire project scope.
" Demonstrate sound judgment to make recommendations that affect profitability
and quality of project
" Ability to work independently and make significant, effective decisions
" Strong negotiation skills to resolve project conditions with contractors, design
team and/or owner
" Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present
information one-on-one and speak in front of groups
" Strong written communication skills with the ability to write routine reports and
" Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, developing
solutions when possible
" Commitment to superior customer service, responding promptly to the clients
needs and meeting commitments
" Open to direction and feedback, listens and seeks clarification
" Display original thinking and creativity and generate suggestions for improving
quality of work
" Exceptional multi-tasking skills and ability to remain poised and professional
" Team-oriented with the ability to positively interact with internal and external
Required Education and Experience
" 4-year degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field
" Minimum of 7 years direct construction management