Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
WILMINGTON, DE 19893
Posted Date: Jan 27, 2020
TEXT TO APPLY: You can now complete your entire job application for this job via SMS text messaging!
Simply text JOB to 75000 *& search for the *requisition ID number 371722.
Click here to learn more.
- We have an opening for a full-time *COOK*position.
- Location: Wilmington Friends School – 101 School Road, Wilmington, DE 19803 /Note: online applications accepted only./
- Schedule: F/T; Monday through Friday 7:30 am – 2:30 pm.
- Requirement: Previous culinary experience is preferred.
/*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available/
WE MAKE IT EASY! You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Founded in 1969, CulinArt manages more than 250 dining facilities for corporations, law and financial services firms, independent schools, colleges and universities, graduate schools, long-term care facilities and a variety of events & entertainment destinations across the country. Our mission is to be the industry leader in providing the highest quality dining service to our clients and guests while striving to provide maximum career opportunities for all of our team members. Our success lies in our ability not merely to adapt but to revitalize and transform our services continually, pioneering the cutting-edge and unconventional. CulinArt’s extremely diverse clientele, that includes many Fortune 500 businesses and esteemed educational institutions, affords great opportunities for career-advancing within the company across multiple industry segments and geographic regions.
Full time associates at CulinArt are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Prepares food in accordance with applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations with established policies and procedures. Ensures quality food service is provided at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares high-quality food items according to standardized recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery and service schedules.
- Serves meals or prepares for delivery by using correct portioning, meeting outlined standards, ensuring that food is at the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty. Tastes all prepared food items.
- Uses established ticket collection procedures during service. Responsible for records from area worked during service periods.
- Cleans kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high standards of cleanliness. Stores or discards excess food in accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
- Keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensures food and supply items are stored per standards.
- Operates and maintains kitchen equipment as instructed.
- Assists in production planning, record keeping and reporting as required.
- Assists in the ordering and receiving of all food and supplies as required.
- Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to the supervisor immediately.
- Attends in-service and safety meetings.
- Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers, administrators and managers.
- Performs job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 371722