Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
New Castle, DE 19720
Account Manager – (57583)
ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes – from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
High School or GED
Job Type/ FLSA Status
The primary job responsibility will be the management of ABM custodians at a local university campus. Responsibilities include work scheduling of all account personnel, establishing work standards, conducting site evaluations, audits, overall inventory/equipment usage, budget control, employee performance appraisals, troubleshooting/problem solving, orientation, training of custodians and support personnel, customer relations, and special project work as requested. This individual will also ensure that all managed services are being provided in a proper and cost-effective manner.
- Control expenses within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting and training employees; maintain a safe, secure, and legal work environment; develop personal growth opportunities.
- Establish and maintain effective lines of communications with the client and facility personnel to ascertain that their needs and requirements are being met per the contract.
- Maintain an environment that is sanitary, attractive, and in orderly condition.
- Demonstrate and promote company culture, values and management philosophy.
- Maintain quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyze and resolve quality and customer service problems; identify trends; recommend improvements.
- Manages Custodial Supervisors.
- Job duties may be modified at any time.
- High School diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Work experience in a similar position is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of supervisory experience in a service-related field with high customer/client contact.
- Prior Manager Level of experience for an Environmental Services Education Campus department preferred.
- Strong service/quality attitude.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and achieve effective time management.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet established goals and objectives.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Sense of urgency & ability to meet deadlines; self-directed.
- Exceptional communication, basic unit financial, interpersonal and technical skills are necessary.
- Valid Driver’s License.
New Castle, DE 19720 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy
ABM is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)