Pharmacist | Population Health
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19808
Innovative pharmacist opportunity to provide longitudinal pharmaceutical care to high risk patients within Care Link CareNow care management model by designing, recommending, monitoring and evaluating patient specific pharmacotherapy.
Care Link CareNow is an interdisciplinary team comprised of nurses, case managers, social workers, pharmacists, and other support staff who, under the leadership of the Care Link CareNow Medical Director and Christiana Care Pharmacy Services, provide coordinated care management for physician practices and other contracted entities. The Care Link CareNow focus is to supplement the physician staff to achieve quality and cost goals: improved overall health outcomes, better patient experiences, and optimal resource utilization. All phases of care are addressed, especially those transitions of care that are typically difficult to manage.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes risk stratification tool to identify targeted high risk patient populations dependent on age, hospitalizations, ED visits, comorbid diagnoses (e.g. COPD, CHF, CKD), polypharmacy and behavioral health diagnosis.
- Coordinates activities with interdisciplinary team by conducting Comprehensive Medication Reviews (CMR), targeted Medication List Optimization Reviews (MLOR), longitudinal chronic disease management, and other Medication Therapy Management (MTM) activities across the Care Link CareNow patient population.
- Documents drug use and compliance patterns, detects and evaluates adverse drug effects, evaluates drug efficacy, therapeutic goals and indications, reviews for contraindications/precautions, the patient’s current status of health, and review drug profiles and patient’s medical record for drug-drug, drug-food, drug-laboratory and drug-disease state(s) potentials.
- Evaluates appropriate laboratory tests necessary to monitor and support the patient’s drug therapy program.
- Provides accurate, unbiased, timely and cost-effective drug information to members of the health care team on targeted patient population.
- Documents assessment, observations, impressions, recommendations, plan, significant findings, interventions and services rendered as appropriate in the care management and electronic medical record system.
- Participates in Care Link meetings and forums. Provides verbal and written consultations concerning drug therapy evaluations as requested.
- Coordinates educational lectures/meetings on medication therapy for Care Link team members as needed.
- Works to integrate IT into workflow to enhance communication about medications across care settings.
- Supports and participates in other duties as required to meet workload demands.
- Precept pharmacy residents and students, as assigned
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices. Reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Participates in rounds on panels of patients with multi-disciplinary care management team. Provides verbal and written consultations concerning drug therapy evaluations as requested.
- Serves as a resource to suggest pharmacotherapy alternatives to providers to enhance compliance, reduce potential errors, adverse drug events and to minimize cost burden.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Pharm.D. degree
- ASHP-accredited PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Residency preferred
- Board certification preferred
- Managed care or ambulatory care experience preferred
- Current/eligible for licensure in the State of Delaware
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.