Registered Nurse, Special Care Nursery (PRN)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19893
We are looking for an experienced RN to join the team in our Special Care Nursery on a PRN basis!
The staff nurse is a registered professional nurse who plans and renders nursing care within an assigned nursing unit. He/she gives direct patient care and maintains clinical records reflecting the patient’s condition, medication, treatment, examination and progress according to the Delaware Nursing Practice Act and St. Francis Hospital’s policies and procedures.
- Adheres to hospital nursing practice standards, demonstrates appropriate assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care.
- Performs a comprehensive assessment of the neonate.
- Displays an understanding of normal newborn transitional care including thermoregulation, glucose monitoring, and respiratory status.
- Plans and delivers care to the newborn with complications.
- Identifies patient needs based on objective data and follows through with appropriate documentation.
- Implements appropriate Nursing actions to each patient needs identified.
- Makes decisions that reflect both knowledge of facts and sound judgment.
- Discusses with and includes parents about planned patient care and expected outcomes and documents same.
- Identifies and appropriately utilizes multidisciplinary approach to facilitate delivery of patient care.
- Instructs parents in follow-up care/activities in preparation for transfer/discharge. Evaluates the parents understanding of instructions. Gives written instructions and materials to parents. Documents understanding of instructions.
- Charts precise and specific observation via Focus Charting on Flow Sheets.
- Receives and gives a knowledgeable and concise patient report to others, as necessary to demonstrate awareness of patient’s overall conditions.
- Initiates Clinical Pathways/Plan of care on appropriate patient population on admission.
Minimum Qualifications __(Education/Experience/Licensure/Certification/Skills_)_:
- Graduate from an NLN accredited School of Nursing. Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Delaware or valid temporary permit. Responsible for obtaining needed CEU credits for re-licensure.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience working in Special Care Nursery (Required)
- NRP within 6 months of employment.
- RNC preferred
Job Number: 00187713
Location: Wilmington, DE
Organization Name: Saint Francis Healthcare
Facility: SFDE – St. Francis Healthcare Service
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Rotating Shift