Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19802
JOB TITLE – COOK HELPER – - – -
Reports to the supervisor, food services. Responsible for the preparation and cooking of food for center in compliance with government and management directives.
1. Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients as directed.
2. Provide adequate supply of foods and transfers necessary ingredients to cooking area.
3. Prepare vegetables and salads for cooking by washing, peeling, coring, grinding, shredding of chopping.
4. Prepare meats for cooking by washing, trimming, boning, cutting, cubing or forming into patties or loaves.
5. Cook or bake items with required minimum preparation.
6. Serve meals from steam table.
7. Work with assists students in the performance of their daily work schedules.
8. Assist the senior cook in the preparation of food services for special center function, cultural events and visitors.
9. Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
10. Participate in the student employability program and actives.
11. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
12. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties and assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.